2020 Election

Old Aug 14th 2020, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Steerpike
A few weeks ago, I posted in this thread:

I'm sure the relative number of looters was small, but they were very active all over. The fact they smashed up shopping centers in both Scottsdale and Walnut Creek (two utterly boring suburbs), which have never seen such activities in my lifetime, suggests it was widespread. I do know that the 'impact' (memory) of those looters was quite strong among those very people who were otherwise sympathetic towards the BLM movement. It's quite amazing, really, just how 'popular' the BLM movement has become - traditionally conservative folk are now expressing support for BLM, and that is great. But the looting, and now the violence, is undoing all that goodwill and support, so it is completely counterproductive.

To which, John Woo replied:

It was blatantly clear, what happened in Walnut Creek was absolutely nothing to do with the protests. It was a group of people taking advantage of the situation, they were organized with the sole to intent loot and steal. they were in no way part of the protest.
The same thing was going on in a number of Bay Area cities. Unfortunately it is now being used to conveniently to discredit the BLM movement.
Admittedly there are bad actors among the protests that distract the easily and eager distractors.. Big picture, big picture.

So I wanted to repeat a recent post I made over in the 'Trump' thread, and would like to see how John Woo feels about this. In the article below, the BLM organizer herself is personally encouraging protesters to 'loot' and refers to it as 'reparations'. Are you quite sure, JohnWoo, that the similar actions in other cities last month 'was absolutely nothing to do with the protests'?

https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/black-...ng-reparation/
Black Lives Matter organizer calls Chicago looting ‘reparation’
"A Chicago Black Lives Matter organizer defended the widespread weekend looting in the heart of the Windy City — as “reparation.”"
"“That’s a reparation,” Atkins said. “Anything they want to take, take it because these businesses have insurance.”"
"She also criticized the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who took to Twitter earlier Monday to denounce the “pillaging, robbing & looting” as “humiliating, embarrassing & morally wrong.” “Jesse Jackson has nothing to do with Black Lives Matter,” Atkins shot back. “Jesse Jackson was not there for the creation of Black Lives Matter. Jesse Jackson can keep his opinions to himself.”"

​​​​​​​
You specifically mentioned Walnut Creek, I was responding to your assertion that the looting was part of the protest movement. It was related only in as much that a group of people took advantage of the situation to steal.
There were similar protests in San Ramon and Pleasanton which got little to no attention in the press, because they were peaceful. My granddaughter took part in Pleasanton BLM, a less violent person you could ever meet.
I suppose there is something in cause no trouble get no attention, get no change.

The other side of that coin.
"Unfortunately, as people connect in new ways using the Internet and mobile technologies, the government has developed new tactics to disrupt and restrict lawful assembly and protest. Those who wish to join together in peaceful protest or assembly risk police violence, mass arrests, infiltration, surveillance, and the criminalization of protest itself"

quote ACLU.

Last edited by johnwoo; Aug 14th 2020 at 7:46 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 8:20 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Another hit on Trump from The Lincoln Project today. I like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsLaAbzVb9E
They don't pull any punches do they? Excellent
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:34 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I may be late to this party, but my God if this didn't have me laughing!!!

Last edited by civilservant; Aug 14th 2020 at 10:37 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I may be late to this party, but my God if this didn't have me laughing!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo3fT0xPeHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq4FCuEaclA
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country". Bastards
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:47 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country". Bastards
Is it this one?
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:51 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Is it this one?
Thats the second one.

Try searching for 'Trump Simpsons First 100 Days'
Old Aug 14th 2020, 11:01 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the second one.

Try searching for 'Trump Simpsons First 100 Days'
They have to be very careful about any transmission of media between Georgia and the outside world.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo
You specifically mentioned Walnut Creek, I was responding to your assertion that the looting was part of the protest movement. It was related only in as much that a group of people took advantage of the situation to steal.
There were similar protests in San Ramon and Pleasanton which got little to no attention in the press, because they were peaceful. My granddaughter took part in Pleasanton BLM, a less violent person you could ever meet.
I suppose there is something in cause no trouble get no attention, get no change.

The other side of that coin.
"Unfortunately, as people connect in new ways using the Internet and mobile technologies, the government has developed new tactics to disrupt and restrict lawful assembly and protest. Those who wish to join together in peaceful protest or assembly risk police violence, mass arrests, infiltration, surveillance, and the criminalization of protest itself"

quote ACLU.
Do you accept that BLM were responsible for encouraging the looting in Chicago, as indicated in the article, and do you view that as an isolated event?

For clarity, here's the article and the excerpt again:
"A Chicago Black Lives Matter organizer defended the widespread weekend looting in the heart of the Windy City — as “reparation.”"
"“That’s a reparation,” Atkins said. “Anything they want to take, take it because these businesses have insurance.”"
"She also criticized the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who took to Twitter earlier Monday to denounce the “pillaging, robbing & looting” as “humiliating, embarrassing & morally wrong.” “Jesse Jackson has nothing to do with Black Lives Matter,” Atkins shot back. “Jesse Jackson was not there for the creation of Black Lives Matter. Jesse Jackson can keep his opinions to himself.”"
Old Aug 15th 2020, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 15th 2020, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Do you accept that BLM were responsible for encouraging the looting in Chicago, as indicated in the article, and do you view that as an isolated event?

For clarity, here's the article and the excerpt again:
Your taking and expanding my remarks regarding the events in Walnut Creek to include the whole BLM matter movement. I don't form my opinions from articles in the New York Post.
No I don't agree with Ms Atkins. but I understand her position. As a privileged white male, because that's what I am. I can't possible understand, but I do sympathize with her, and many others anger over the violence they have suffered over many years.
If we are concerned about looting, lets concern ourselves more about the looting going on with the looter in chief President Trump, and the whole corrupt gang of Crooks, thieves and liars in the current administration. Who's swag extends far beyond anything taken from Bed Bath and beyond.

Last edited by johnwoo; Aug 15th 2020 at 3:36 am.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 3:45 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I hope I am wrong ,but all the dead children from going back to school too soon will not play well for Trumpets
Old Aug 15th 2020, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
I hope I am wrong ,but all the dead children from going back to school too soon will not play well for Trumpets
But I don't think many people expect the kids themselves to be dropping like flies, do they? There may be a number of child deaths, and 'any' deaths with children tends to be viewed more seriously than deaths with older folks, but I think the bigger risk here is simply that child A infects children B, C, D, E at school. Children B, C, D, E go home and give it to parents A, parents B, grandparents C, parents D, grandparents E ... and they are the ones likely to die.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by johnwoo
Your taking and expanding my remarks regarding the events in Walnut Creek to include the whole BLM matter movement. I don't form my opinions from articles in the New York Post.
No I don't agree with Ms Atkins. but I understand her position. As a privileged white male, because that's what I am. I can't possible understand, but I do sympathize with her, and many others anger over the violence they have suffered over many years.
If we are concerned about looting, lets concern ourselves more about the looting going on with the looter in chief President Trump, and the whole corrupt gang of Crooks, thieves and liars in the current administration. Who's swag extends far beyond anything taken from Bed Bath and beyond.
I'm glad you are bringing this back to Trump. My biggest concern here is not for Macys or Best Buy but for Trump's removal from office. The more we have situations like this, the more likely people will vote 'Trump' as the law and order candidate.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

But I don't think many people expect the kids themselves to be dropping like flies, do they? There may be a number of child deaths, and 'any' deaths with children tends to be viewed more seriously than deaths with older folks, but I think the bigger risk here is simply that child A infects children B, C, D, E at school. Children B, C, D, E go home and give it to parents A, parents B, grandparents C, parents D, grandparents E ... and they are the ones likely to die.
Yes, that is the likeliest scenario. It's also why covid is likely to run and run in the US until there is an effective vaccine that enough of the population is willing to take. Places that have successfully re-opened schools are those that got the level of infections way down before doing it. The places in the US where re-opening is now happening are, ironically, places where infection rates are currently amongst the highest (Georgia, Florida etc). I don't see how it can end well. And even when we do have a vaccine, there are enough anti-vaxxers who think it's all a plot by Bill Gates and George Soros that I wonder whether it'll give us herd immunity in some areas.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 7:32 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by RICH
They weathered all the horrific school shootings. Don't underestimate how vile people can be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.