2020 Election

Old Jul 9th 2020, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
It tickles me when people suggest Trump's experience running companies while suffering 4 Bankruptcies equates to real Executive experience. Especially when we all know from court documents that many of his business deals were illegal in nature.

It's like saying a Mob Boss has real Executive experience. How far down the rabbit hole do we want to go! Tony Soprano for President?
Tony Soprano would have made a better president.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 3:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You could all vote for West who is apparently allegedly Bipolar. That would get the two old white men with various degrees of dementia out. Not 100% sure what executive experience he has although he could make his MiL his VP. She has made her family phenomenally wealthy just from watching her daughter have sex. Could be a winner.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Then solid experience in the public sector should also be a criteria, as you appear to believe you cannot have one without the other. Though running a city or state and dealing with the needs of the electorate sounds like executive experience to me.
Yes I would think running a state would be good experience for someone seeking to lead a country.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint
So does the manager of your local supermarket.

"Executive experience" by itself is worthless. The value comes from learning how to make good decisions.

For all his "executive experience" Donald Trump has cultivated a proven track record in making bad decisions. If anything his executive experience disqualifies him.
I indicated experience should be one criteria to preferably to have and I would have thought obvious not the only criteria. If I hire someone I certainly consider what experience they have had. Certainly if one thinks Biden understands economics and is some bold visionary after 40 years being a legislator, or simply would be better for the country regardless of any faults that is another matter.Neither candidate in my opinion has the preferable background one would want at this stage.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 10:29 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You could all vote for West who is apparently allegedly Bipolar. That would get the two old white men with various degrees of dementia out. Not 100% sure what executive experience he has although he could make his MiL his VP. She has made her family phenomenally wealthy just from watching her daughter have sex. Could be a winner.
West would be worse than trump know that we know what he is all about. He is claiming the covid vaccine will implant a tracker in people. A tracker that can what? Blow people up? Read their thoughts? Control their minds? He hasn't said these options yet but even the considering that he thinks a government plot like that would be in the works speaks volumes. I did actually think he would a run a campaign of stop snitchin defund the police et al to appeal to his rapping base. I think this run is just a result of a bio polar episode now but sadly it for him it has done big damage to any hopes of a 2024 run.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 1:28 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Here are some of the things he has to do to even get on the ballot at this point, as he has done nothing official to throw his hat in the ring:

West Faces Ballot Hurdles
Old Jul 10th 2020, 6:12 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
Clearly Trump has had experience that isn't "entirely been experience in business failures" , clearly he has had some management and hard-negotiating experience. I wrote he had some experience in executive roles, not the best experience or type of experience one would prefer.

As far as Biden as far as I know a lifelong politician living off the taxpayer I have just pointed out I am unaware of any experience he has had in charge in an executive role either in the private, military sectors as say for example as a governor.
You don't think being VP for eight years is good experience toward being president? That's gobsmacking even for you.

So .... according to you. Working in government doesn't give you any applicable experience? Being an attorney who worked both in and out of government on matters related to healthcare and public, founding a company and being the CEO of a consulting firm (Abrams) ? Working in the executive branch doesn't give you experience (Biden) ? Being a district attorney, senator and attorney general doesn't cut it (Harris) ?

But Trump is just hunky-dory? He didn't even take his own SAT exams.

You shilled for Trump last time and now you're doing it again. Were you in hibernation? Dormant? Who activated you? Just add Russian water?
Old Jul 10th 2020, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Leslie
You don't think being VP for eight years is good experience toward being president? That's gobsmacking even for you.

So .... according to you. Working in government doesn't give you any applicable experience? Being an attorney who worked both in and out of government on matters related to healthcare and public, founding a company and being the CEO of a consulting firm (Abrams) ? Working in the executive branch doesn't give you experience (Biden) ? Being a district attorney, senator and attorney general doesn't cut it (Harris) ?

You shilled for Trump last time and now you're doing it again. Were you in hibernation? Dormant? Who activated you? Just add Russian water?
Masterful twisting of my words, I simply pointed out that Trump has some executive experience and to the best of my knowledge Biden has virtually nine in terms of being in charge of a state, as cabinet secretary, head of of a business, or in the military. 40 years or so as a politician- and that one would think one criteria one would hope for in a Presidential ( and vice presidential candidate) would be serious executive experience. That isn't being a 'shill' for Trump pointing out this opinion, Trump as his own very long list of issues that are very questionable in terms of criteria one would want to see in a Presidential candidate. Doubting Biden or his potential VP picks isn't being a 'shill' for Trump. And no I didn't say being VP was bad experience, certainly his familiarity with Washington an asset, but on other hand like his long-serving Republican counterparts he has been part of the system for decades, and for me he hardly is some bold visionary.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

nain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond repute

......That would get the two old white men with various degrees of dementia out.

You are using a classic conservative ploy of repeating an untruth over, and over, and over again, hoping that by doing so you will imprint that untruth in the reader's mind so that they actually believe it is true. Joe Biden has no more dementia than you have. He will not be the best president we will ever have, but he will certainly be much better than the current, worst, president we currently are stuck with.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 10:21 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 10th 2020, 11:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nain rouge
You are using a classic conservative ploy of repeating an untruth over, and over, and over again, hoping that by doing so you will imprint that untruth in the reader's mind so that they actually believe it is true. Joe Biden has no more dementia than you have. He will not be the best president we will ever have, but he will certainly be much better than the current, worst, president we currently are stuck with.
You're reading far more into a light hearted comment than was ever intended by the poster. Painting me as a conservative is also wide of the mark but no matter.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie

+1.

Yeah, I also remember Morpeth's schtick in '16.

Anyway, back to reality, it was good to see Kasich come out today and call it as it is and say that Trump's "jumped the shark". It's really too bad that he didn't win the Republican nomination in '16, but there was no chance that someone that sane would.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jul 11th 2020 at 12:02 am.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

nain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond repute

You're reading far more into a light hearted comment than was ever intended by the poster. Painting me as a conservative is also wide of the mark but no matter.

Good - you have managed to get TWO conservative ploys crammed into two sentences.

The first one is deny that you are obviously not what you are constantly displaying - "I ain't no conservative, but that Democratic candidate........."

The second ploy is to pretend that your comment was meant to be light-hearted, or a joke, and then express surprise when you are called out on it - "Hey, ain't ya got no sense of HUMOR? It was a JOKE! A JOKE!"

Neither ploy works.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 11:19 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Good - you have managed to get TWO conservative ploys crammed into two sentences.

The first one is deny that you are obviously not what you are constantly displaying - "I ain't no conservative, but that Democratic candidate........."

The second ploy is to pretend that your comment was meant to be light-hearted, or a joke, and then express surprise when you are called out on it - "Hey, ain't ya got no sense of HUMOR? It was a JOKE! A JOKE!"

Neither ploy works.
I ain't no conservative, but Biden ain't the sharpest tool in the box, and it doesn't seem a particularly outrageous claim to make.
Old Jul 12th 2020, 12:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Neither ploy works.
You're a little odd but that's allowed. I'm not American, I don't live in America. I'm neither Republican nor Democrat. I wasn't expressing surprise and I don't have 'ploys'. However you made me smile on a quiet Sunday morning so thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.