2020 Election

Old Mar 21st 2020, 1:11 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by carcajou
Wrong again Leslie. I am quite comfortable with Biden being the nominee, he was not my first choice but I infinitely prefer him over Mr 29% Bernie Sanders, and I always knew my fellow Democratic primary voters would weed Sanders out in short order. I am commenting on the hypocrisy of selectively getting behind the "voters" only when it suits one's preferred agenda.

I did not support Brexit but accepted the referendum result. I did not support Trump in 2016 but accepted the electoral college vote. I didn't bray and prant for the vote to be overturned only to oscillate wildly back to supporting a voting result when it favoured me and then oscillating back again like a hypocrite.

So, yes, posters braying on and on about "supporting the voters" when they only do it very selectively is the joke of the day.
Feel better now? No idea what that has to do with anything that was referenced. I can't even make a tenuous connection. But as long as you get to vent your spleen on random grievances ... well that's what's really important isn't it?
Old Mar 21st 2020, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Feel better now? No idea what that has to do with anything that was referenced. I can't even make a tenuous connection. But as long as you get to vent your spleen on random grievances ... well that's what's really important isn't it?
Thank you for that check-in from Crazytown.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 1:25 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

What? Several Usual Suspects were playing the "it's just the flu" game right up to about 2 weeks ago, and plenty of that was coming from all kinds of left media. This did not break along partisan lines and to claim it did, is well, partisan.
What is a "usual suspect"? Are those people? Do they have names? Name and shame or STFU. Nobody knows what you're talking about.

Quote these people and post links to the websites.
Thank you for that check-in from Crazytown.
Crazytown has been waiting 6 days for you to show the basis for the lunatic assertions you made above. Maybe you should just try to refrain from making up crap and then accusing other posters of the crap you just made up? Novel idea, I know.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Crazytown has been waiting 6 days for you to show the basis for the lunatic assertions you made above. Maybe you should just try to refrain from making up crap and then accusing other posters of the crap you just made up? Novel idea, I know.
I'm not going to go do your work for you. But I'm well aware that this is all just the famous Leslie Schtick. Stale as it has ever been.

Old Mar 21st 2020, 5:04 pm
WTF?

I'm not going to go do your work for you. But I'm well aware that this is all just the famous Leslie Schtick. Stale as it has ever been.
In other words, you lied.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 6:19 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

In other words, you lied.
+1

That poster lost his/her credibility some time ago.. I don’t know why he/she doesn’t just go away and spread poison somewhere else.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 11:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Trump’s press conference today. I have lots of very rich friends, very rich friends, there are lots of very rich men, but non of them could do a better job than me. Then he went on to say running for prez has cost him billions, he could have made billions in the last few years had he not been prez. Lots of people say bad things about me, it is not true and it is not fair.

FFS we are not interested in you, you, you...it’s the Coronavirus stupid.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 11:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
OMG Trump’s press conference today. I have lots of very rich friends, very rich friends, there are lots of very rich men, but non of them could do a better job than me. Then he went on to say running for prez has cost him billions, he could have made billions in the last few years had he not been prez. Lots of people say bad things about me, it is not true and it is not fair.

He seems to be losing it. Probably can't handle the stress.

He went off on the NBC reporter a day or 2 ago for what seemed to me a pretty benign question.

I also notice the Trump supporters across various forums I go to are silent these days.;
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 12:50 am
WTF?

I don't watch them anymore. There's no information from him at all and the experts keep saying the same thing over and over. He's holding back the full force of the federal government in a miserly and strange way.

I've found the Cuomo briefings to be informative. He puts out a lot of information. It's New York centric but Dallas is only a few weeks behind. Because we don't have the same density and little public transportation it might be different but I'm troubled at how late they took it seriously here.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 1:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't watch them anymore. There's no information from him at all and the experts keep saying the same thing over and over. He's holding back the full force of the federal government in a miserly and strange way.

I've found the Cuomo briefings to be informative. He puts out a lot of information. It's New York centric but Dallas is only a few weeks behind. Because we don't have the same density and little public transportation it might be different but I'm troubled at how late they took it seriously here.
I am appalled at how the UK/US/Canada aren’t taking the virus seriously enough.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Surreal moment tonight as I walked around my very quiet neighborhood ... suddenly saw this monstrosity in the parking lot of a grocery store, playing a 'country music' song who's lyrics seemed to be extolling the values of 'Donny'.

Note the "Ivanka 2024" near the back! You saw it here first, guys

Old Mar 23rd 2020, 4:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

For the US and Canada, I wonder if its in part due to how the countries are set up, provincial and state rights and responsibilities etc.

BC I will give credit to, the provincial government has been doing a good job, and starting doing their own testing pretty early on at BC CDC and didn't rely on Winnipeg (although for a short time the feds were forcing them to also send a sample there) and were giving regular updates to the public, they called for a ban on cruise ships close to 2 weeks or more before the federal government got around to actually doing it, the province was asking people not to come to BC before the feds got around to border restrictions, overall BC has been on the ball.

They caught the community spread pretty quickly because they had relaxed testing rules and allowed testing for people with no history of travel to China when other parts of Canada and the US had not, which is how they discovered the many cases linked to Iran which was the biggest source of local infections and likely the source of the community spread.

But the Canadian federal government not impressed at all, and their help for people is lacking big time and relies too heavily on having kids or qualifying for EI.

Some states seem to be doing a decent job, but hamstrung but the idiot in charge.

Old Mar 23rd 2020, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
For the US and Canada, I wonder if its in part due to how the countries are set up, provincial and state rights and responsibilities etc.

BC I will give credit to, the provincial government has been doing a good job, and starting doing their own testing pretty early on at BC CDC and didn't rely on Winnipeg (although for a short time the feds were forcing them to also send a sample there) and were giving regular updates to the public, they called for a ban on cruise ships close to 2 weeks or more before the federal government got around to actually doing it, the province was asking people not to come to BC before the feds got around to border restrictions, overall BC has been on the ball.

They caught the community spread pretty quickly because they had relaxed testing rules and allowed testing for people with no history of travel to China when other parts of Canada and the US had not, which is how they discovered the many cases linked to Iran which was the biggest source of local infections and likely the source of the community spread.

But the Canadian federal government not impressed at all, and their help for people is lacking big time and relies too heavily on having kids or qualifying for EI.

Some states seem to be doing a decent job, but hamstrung but the idiot in charge.
I think you are onto something here. I'm also fairly impressed by how CA (California) has been handling things. So I think, in countries with strongly decentralized governments (US/Canada), we need to measure the component states/provinces perhaps. Which really sucks, though, because this virus requires a coordinated response. Many people have said that Obama didn't live up to his promise as President, but I would hazard a guess that he would have been absolutely perfect in this specific situation. He could deliver a message like no other.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 8:32 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
He seems to be losing it. Probably can't handle the stress.

He went off on the NBC reporter a day or 2 ago for what seemed to me a pretty benign question.

I also notice the Trump supporters across various forums I go to are silent these days.;
Something to be thankful for.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 9:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Add Australia to that list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.