2020 Election

Old Mar 18th 2019, 5:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2020 Election

I think with his issues and standing as a Dem he stands no chance, I can not show it now, but I am reasonably confident what will happen, just takes a bit of time.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I think with his issues and standing as a Dem he stands no chance, I can not show it now, but I am reasonably confident what will happen, just takes a bit of time.
I don't think he has much chance of being the nominee, but not for anything he did in his youth. There are simply a lot of stronger candidates running.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 6:16 pm
Account Closed

If I was a stronger candidate I would want him running, I would think when the herd thins he would be easy meat.
Old Mar 24th 2019, 8:23 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I worry that Trump has just won reelection - his cry of 'witch hunt' will now seem like it has some truth to it, and to continue to bang that drum (if Dems do) could seriously come back to bite them at the ballot box.
Old Mar 24th 2019, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by civilservant
I worry that Trump has just won reelection - his cry of 'witch hunt' will now seem like it has some truth to it, and to continue to bang that drum (if Dems do) could seriously come back to bite them at the ballot box.
Dems will double down, how can they not?
Old Mar 25th 2019, 12:12 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of which will finally put the cap on all this for good is what Robert Mueller will say when he appears before Congress. The Dems can go on squawking about the findings but they'll be making a big mistake if they carry this over to the 2020 elections. Nobody will be interested. Voters become exhausted. It's now up to the Dems to prepare an election campaign agenda concentrating on critical issues facing the nation. Biden for Pres and Stacey Abrams for VP wont get it. either..
Old Mar 25th 2019, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that some folks missed this part.

""While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him," Barr quotes Mueller as saying."

Not to mention all the investigations continuing in the 2nd District of the Justice Dept in NY. Or the investigations being done the the NYS Att. General of NY. Trump is far from out of the woods.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 1:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dakota44

""While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him," Barr quotes Mueller as saying."

Not to mention all the investigations continuing in the 2nd District of the Justice Dept in NY. Or the investigations being done the the NYS Att. General of NY. Trump is far from out of the woods.
I did not, said they would double down, as far as I am aware every candidate is committed to do so.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

The dems will certainly have to handle all this potentially valuable ammunition carefully lest it explodes in their hands. Remember Clinton and the "Monica" situation; the voters ended up feeling sorry for him and brought him back by a decent margin. So just because you have 'a case' doesn't mean you can gain from it. HOPEFULLY, the voters are smart enough to discern a difference in the two situations ...
Old Mar 25th 2019, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
The dems will certainly have to handle all this potentially valuable ammunition carefully lest it explodes in their hands. Remember Clinton and the "Monica" situation; the voters ended up feeling sorry for him and brought him back by a decent margin. So just because you have 'a case' doesn't mean you can gain from it. HOPEFULLY, the voters are smart enough to discern a difference in the two situations ...
Understood, but there is a huge difference between getting a BJ and commiting tax fraud, bank fraud, charity fraud etc.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 9:10 am
Account Closed

Understood, but there is a huge difference between getting a BJ and commiting tax fraud, bank fraud, charity fraud etc.
No need to move the conversation to the Clinton Family Foundation.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 3:33 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol. Also, two words: Marc Rich. Note who led the investigation of the pardon of Marc Rich: none other than our old friend James Comey.

Speaking of Comey, I am certain that Congress and the press will now pursue the story of the FBI's extremely suspicious behavior around the 2016 election with vigor equivalent to the enormous energy expended on the special-counsel probe. Haha. Actually, I'm certain that will not happen.

It seems clear that the FBI's unprecedented and extraordinarily aggressive investigation and prosecution of candidate Trump was based on flimsy, suspect evidence with obvious conflicts of interest. Regardless of your political leanings, the FBI's actions were outrageous and deserve a full accounting. Certainly it's time for (the long promised) total disclosure of the results of the Justice and FBI probe.

If nothing else, by putting all of their eggs in the "collusion" basket, the Democrats have given meaningful credence to Trump's claim of "fake news". Regardless of the hair-splitting portrayal by the Democrats that the true result of the probe was "no evidence, but not fully exonerated", politically this is a disaster for Democrats. I'm certain that they will continue their "investigations" and paint themselves further into a corner. I don't understand the Democrats, it's like they are bound and determined to lose 2020.

Last edited by Hiro11; Mar 25th 2019 at 3:36 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 3:46 pm
Account Closed

I do not think this is he case, but you might think they are being paid to self destruct.

Despite how much I dislike her Pelosi to be fair saw this coming but could do nothing to head it off.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Clinton was impeached during his second term so never faced another election. It is certainly true that his approval rating increased post his impeachment.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Care to back up that insinuation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.