Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Dec 14th 2016, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Hostility towards the right should be encouraged. Also towards stupid people, but I guess that's kind of redundant.
You are consistent I will say that !
Old Dec 14th 2016, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Seriously?

It's not just this forum, it's civilized society. I'm sick of explaining this to people who claim to be worldly adults.

A general rule for being a decent human ... the more vulnerable the group is then the less cool it is to show hostility toward them.

FFS

It's not illegal to be hostile to minority groups and nobody is trying to take away your rights. But you will be judged by what you say and how you say it. If somebody uses the "N" word in front of me, I don't scream or call 911 or shoot them, but I will never ever feel the same about them.
So the prior comment that "hostility towards the right should be encouraged" couldn't be taken as a hostile comment, or similar comments towards those with views different than the conventional views on this forum ?

As far as the right words to use on this forum so that people don't throw out accusations of being racist or hostile to minority groups or whatever, yes your point is well taken one has to be extremely careful what one says.

Actual I don't think hostility towards anyone is justified.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 12:46 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
You are consistent I will say that !
I never try to misrepresent myself, or try to be something I'm not.

I might be an arsehole and a bit of a dick quite a lot of the time, but I'm not a liar. If I think someone's a twat, I also think they deserve to know. Goes for me too, I know what I am and there's no sense in skirting around it

So the prior comment that "hostility towards the right should be encouraged" couldn't be taken as a hostile comment ...
You can take it any way you want, but if you think that was more hostile than, say yelling the N-word in a room full of black people, then perhaps you might want to rethink your definition of the word.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 12:46 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

So the prior comment that "hostility towards the right should be encouraged" couldn't be taken as a hostile comment, or similar comments towards those with views different than the conventional views on this forum ?

As far as the right words to use on this forum so that people don't throw out accusations of being racist or hostile to minority groups or whatever, yes your point is well taken one has to be extremely careful what one says.

Actual I don't think hostility towards anyone is justified.
One in possession of an average IQ (or better) should be able to deconstruct this concept without help from others.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I never try to misrepresent myself, or try to be something I'm not.

I might be an arsehole and a bit of a dick quite a lot of the time, but I'm not a liar. If I think someone's a twat, I also think they deserve to know. Goes for me too, I know what I am and there's no sense in skirting around it

You can take it any way you want, but if you think that was more hostile than, say yelling the N-word in a room full of black people, then perhaps you might want to rethink your definition of the word.
completely agree, and definitely you always express your views directly and concisely
Old Dec 15th 2016, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Snowflakes?
Why is it that people who make fun of "safe spaces" are the ones who fly into a rage over someone saying "happy holidays" or a Starbucks cup? I actually prefer it if people retreat away quietly rather than burst a blood vessel when their opinions are challenged, even if they are both demonstrations of being unable to cope.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 2:16 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Why is it that people who make fun of "safe spaces" are the ones who fly into a rage over someone saying "happy holidays" or a Starbucks cup? I actually prefer it if people retreat away quietly rather than burst a blood vessel when their opinions are challenged, even if they are both demonstrations of being unable to cope.
Nobody, and I mean nobody, retreats to their 'safe spaces' as much as butthurt right wingers. We are going to have a man in charge of the most powerful country on earth who can't even handle mild constructive criticism, let alone the kind of scrutiny he is going to be held up to as leader of the US, FFS.

I have never met a 'social justice warrior' once in my entire life but I have met and do know a host of butthurt right wingers who will run for the hills at even the slightest sign of a hint of an idea that their world view is about to be challenged and even held up as incorrect.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Ebonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond repute

The positive thing about this election cycle is that it won't be long before there's a new controversy from President-Elect Snowflake to talk about, so we won't dwell too long on our own disagreements
Old Dec 15th 2016, 7:26 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by zargof
The big question is why are they stuck together.
Some questions are best left unanswered.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ebonhawke
The positive thing about this election cycle is that it won't be long before there's a new controversy from President-Elect Snowflake to talk about, so we won't dwell too long on our own disagreements
Trump will provide enough topics of conversation for a lifetime
Old Dec 15th 2016, 8:28 am
I have a comma problem

Trump will provide enough topics of conversation for a lifetime
It's going to take more than a lifetime to uncringe ourselves from the embarrassment that he was actually elected.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's going to take more than a lifetime to uncringe ourselves from the embarrassment that he was actually elected.
I remember the left going on and on about Reagan in a somewhat similar manner- about his naps or views they considered abnormal ( like his comments about trees and cows causing much of pollution). But Regan did have some core beliefs , not so sure about Trump. Trumps use of English language and selective memory alone will prove lots of news in years to come.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Ebonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond repute

If things go as poorly as some of the more pessimistic people are fearing, you could win an election simply by pointing out that your opponent supported/voted for Trump, without offering any policy positions whatsoever.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the left going on and on about Reagan in a somewhat similar manner- about his naps or views they considered abnormal ( like his comments about trees and cows causing much of pollution). But Regan did have some core beliefs , not so sure about Trump. Trumps use of English language and selective memory alone will prove lots of news in years to come.
A big difference from Reagan is that Reagan had actually been governor of a large state for eight years.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 8:51 am
I have a comma problem

Reagan was also Governor of California for 8 years, so he had credentials, even if I don't really align with him much. It isn't the fact that Trump is a Republican that I have a problem with, it's that he is Trump.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.