Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Aug 16th 2016, 9:32 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by morpeth
Poll after poll have shown the majority of people do not feel she is trustworthy
Yes, I understand that you are driven very much by your feelings.

It's the profound lack of interest in facts that is the problem.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...iated-language

"abbreviated language" gotta remember that one.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 9:41 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
People on the interwebs tend to offer all kinds of "theories" that have zero basis in the law and that otherwise make no sense.

And honestly, the protestations against Clinton are largely based upon hysteria. I'm not her biggest fan, but she is obviously intelligent, capable of leading a staff and a competent administrator. She's not exactly a charismatic figure and her public speaking voice is a bit painful, but elections are not supposed to be beauty contests.
When compared to Trump she is Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, or Aphrodite.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...iated-language

"abbreviated language" gotta remember that one.
"Abbreviated language" = ignoring historical facts that don't fit your narrative.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 10:13 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
"Abbreviated language" = ignoring historical facts that don't fit your narrative.
Ignoring the facts isn't enough. Facts have to be invented.

But if the half-truths and lies feel right, then that's all that matters.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 16th 2016, 10:40 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
If I were Obama I'd tell them where to shove an extra year as President but the Speaker does in fact become President if the President and Vice-President were to die or both become incapacitated to the extent they could no longer function
I understand the rules of succession. Neither Trump nor Clinton are the president or vice president.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I understand that you are driven very much by your feelings.

It's the profound lack of interest in facts that is the problem.
SO you are saying the polls are incorrect that a majority feel that she is untrustworthy ? If that isn't a fact please explain why. I have no problem learning and many of the posts on this thread have been quite informative.

I do not believe either Clinton or Trump are good candidates for president. Neither do I believe extreme partisanship from either side does much to advance understanding.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 1:14 pm
Bloody Yank

Originally Posted by morpeth
SO you are saying the polls are incorrect that a majority feel that she is untrustworthy ?
You folks seem to be quite happy to hold opinions that aren't based upon anything.

You don't trust Clinton because you don't like her. You don't like Clinton because you don't trust her. The "logic" is completely circular and based upon nothing.

Yet it doesn't bother you to hold ideas that are based upon nothing. If you feel it and you keep repeating it, then it makes no difference whether it's true. It's all about your feelings.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You folks seem to be quite happy to hold opinions that aren't based upon anything.

You don't trust Clinton because you don't like her. You don't like Clinton because you don't trust her. The "logic" is completely circular and based upon nothing.

Yet it doesn't bother you to hold ideas that are based upon nothing. If you feel it and you keep repeating it, then it makes no difference whether it's true. It's all about your feelings.
There is a ton load of facts out there, I guess there are none so blind that can not see.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 1:25 pm
Bloody Yank

Originally Posted by Boiler
There is a ton load of facts out there, I guess there are none so blind that can not see.
I realize that you tend to acquire your knowledge of the world from gif files, but you and facts don't seem to be on speaking terms.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Which "facts" do you base your mistrust of her on?
Old Aug 16th 2016, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I realize that you tend to acquire your knowledge of the world from gif files, but you and facts don't seem to be on speaking terms.
To quote a learned poster, Google broken?
Old Aug 16th 2016, 1:29 pm
WTF?

It's "will". None so blind as those that will not see. Sorry, I don't like grammar Nazis but seriously, dude. It completely changes the meaning of the sentence.

Last edited by Leslie; Aug 16th 2016 at 1:52 pm. Reason: grammar ffs
Old Aug 16th 2016, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

I pointed out a fact of the polls and you avoid addressing whether it was a fact or not.

You folks ? I believe neither of the two candidates should be President.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.