Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Jul 6th 2016, 4:44 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by dakota44
As I said when I
updated my previous post....Clintons speech must not have been wha Wall Street wanted to hear. Wall was throwing money away..just not so much to her..
" In fact, despite lagging in the polls, performing poorly in debates and being nowhere near as sure a bet as Clinton is for his party’s nomination, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) has so far taken more than five times as much Wall Street money as Clinton into his campaign and super-PAC.
Bush has already raised more than $30 million from Wall Street, according to an analysis of the latest Federal Election Commission data by the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics done for The Hill, which looked at donations from a range of firms in the commercial banking, securities, and investments industries.

Clinton, on the other hand, has received just $5.9 million from Wall Street into her campaign and super-PAC, less than half of that raised by Tea Party conservative Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), who received $12.5 million, most of which came from hedge fund magnate Robert Mercer.

Clinton has raised only slightly more financial sector money than struggling Republican candidate Gov. Chris Christie (R-N.J.), who has taken in $5.2 million.

Wall Street donors began moving away from Democrats during Obama’s first term. After charming hedge fund managers and investment bankers during his campaign of “hope and change,” Obama, once in office, quickly angered these same supporters when he passed the Dodd-Frank regulations on the financial industry. "

As I said whe IIn fact, despite lagging in the polls, performing poorly in debates and being nowhere near as sure a bet as Clinton is for his party’s nomination, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) has so far taken more than five times as much Wall Street money as Clinton into his campaign and super-PAC.
Bush has already raised more than $30 million from Wall Street, according to an analysis of the latest Federal Election Commission data by the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics done for The Hill, which looked at donations from a range of firms in the commercial banking, securities, and investments industries.

Clinton, on the other hand, has received just $5.9 million from Wall Street into her campaign and super-PAC, less than half of that raised by Tea Party conservative Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), who received $12.5 million, most of which came from hedge fund magnate Robert Mercer.

Clinton has raised only slightly more financial sector money than struggling Republican candidate Gov. Chris Christie (R-N.J.), who has taken in $5.2 million.

Wall Street donors began moving away from Democrats during Obama’s first term. After charming hedge fund managers and investment bankers during his campaign of “hope and change,” Obama, once in office, quickly angered these same supporters when he passed the Dodd-Frank regulations on the financial industry.
Right, sure. If Clinton picks Warren as VP, then I'll start to believe this.

Wall Street donors seek to block Warren VP pick - POLITICO
Old Jul 6th 2016, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Right, sure. If Clinton picks Warren as VP, then I'll start to believe this.

Wall Street donors seek to block Warren VP pick - POLITICO
You were the one who implied they were throwing vast amounts of money at Clinton...and I justbproved that wrong. So what is not to believe?

Warren will not be VP. She will be much more valuable in the Senate pushing through changes to the financial industry.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 4:53 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It's the way to do it. But this kind of change is going to probably take two more election cycles. America just doesn't shift from centre-right to centre-left overnight, especially if the will isn't there in the majority.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 5:03 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
You were the one who implied they were throwing vast amounts of money at Clinton...and I justbproved that wrong. So what is not to believe?

Warren will not be VP. She will be much more valuable in the Senate pushing through changes to the financial industry.
You didn't prove any thing wrong. All you showed is that in the primary Wall St spent less on Hillary than they did on Jeb!!!! and Cruz because they failed to predict Trump and made a bad bet. Which BTW you copied and pasted without providing a link.

It looks like it came from here:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...reet-donations

This was written back in October last year, so I don't know how relevant it is now considering Hillary has over $32M so far from the "Securities & Investment" industry in the 2016 cycle alone.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/i...0000019&type=f
Old Jul 6th 2016, 5:05 am
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It's the way to do it. But this kind of change is going to probably take two more election cycles. America just doesn't shift from centre-right to centre-left overnight, especially if the will isn't there in the majority.
Agreed. Bernie has always said even if he was President he couldn't do this by himself. Change takes time and effort.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Which do you prefer, teflon coated candidate or cheetos coated candidate?
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Which do you prefer, teflon coated candidate or cheetos coated candidate?
The liar or the buffoon.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:26 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I've just watched about 20 minutes of a Trump rally. He has said nothing at all that doesn't directly relate to his own greatness. He's a raving (and ranting) lunatic.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:29 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Corker and Ernst don't want to be considered for VP. They're both pretty close to the bottom of the barrel and they don't want anything to do with Trump. He'll probably go for Newton Leroy. All I'm saying is that between Gingrich and Christie, Trump better hire a food taster.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:30 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The liar or the buffoon.
I've just listened to the buffoon drop whopper after whopper. They're both liars. The better question is do you want the lying lawyer or the lying lunatic.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I've just listened to the buffoon drop whopper after whopper. They're both liars. The better question is do you want the lying lawyer or the lying lunatic.
I'm still holding onto the hope that another candidate...on both sides...is going to jump in at the convention. Yes...I know that's not going to happen.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Corker and Ernst don't want to be considered for VP. They're both pretty close to the bottom of the barrel and they don't want anything to do with Trump. He'll probably go for Newton Leroy. All I'm saying is that between Gingrich and Christie, Trump better hire a food taster.
For a moment I thought Newton Leroy was some new kid on the block ready to sweep in and lock up the African American vote. I need more sleep.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:40 am
WTF?

I agree. I just find it insulting that because young people still have ideals, they're idiots.

I'm not saying you think that BTW, but it seems that others do.
I agree.

In relation to the posts made today - not all of the Bernie supporters will come around but most will. Insulting and antagonizing them is pointless.

If Clinton had won the nomination in 2008, I can't say for sure that I would have voted for her. Obama was my candidate and I felt very strongly (and was very idealistic) about the prospect of his presidency. I don't know exactly how Bernie's people feel but I think I have some idea because I was similarly caught up in the Obama phenomena. Fortunately, things worked out for my candidate. If things hadn't worked out, I don't know if anybody could have reasoned me out of that mindset but they sure as hell could not have bullied or insulted me into voting for Hillary. I wasn't a millennial or a hipster either, I was a fortyish white lady living in a red state.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:46 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
For a moment I thought Newton Leroy was some new kid on the block ready to sweep in and lock up the African American vote. I need more sleep.
NEWT ****ING GINGRICH?!?!?! That's the best he can do? Newt of the elephant books and colonies on the moon? I honestly want to be put into a medically induced coma until this is all over.

We are alarmed.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 12:22 pm
I love my brick!

I thought Christie was hired as the food taster, or does he just go get Trump's McDonalds?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.