Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Jul 6th 2016, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by zargof
Yeah imagine someone voting on principles. Young people who haven't had the optimism beaten out of them by what passes as political discourse in this country yet.

But go right ahead and call them dumb or complete idiots because they have a different viewpoint to you and would like the person they vote for to actually represent their views. I'm sure that will persuade them to get behind Hillary, everyone loves to be insulted.

Everyone wonders why Democrats don't have any spine, perhaps if they weren't constantly told to get in line, rather than standing up for what they believe in, they might.
No one was trashing all of his supporters. It would be quite naive to not understand that some of them are tantrum throwing individuals who refuse to see the danger in a Trump presidency and might vote for the candidate who is totally the opposite of the man they admire. That would indeed be dumb and idiotic.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 2:50 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah imagine someone voting on principles. Young people who haven't had the optimism beaten out of them by what passes as political discourse in this country yet.

But go right ahead and call them dumb or complete idiots because they have a different viewpoint to you and would like the person they vote for to actually represent their views. I'm sure that will persuade them to get behind Hillary, everyone loves to be insulted.

Everyone wonders why Democrats don't have any spine, perhaps if they weren't constantly told to get in line, rather than standing up for what they believe in, they might.
I am tying to imagine the persons whose principles are represented by both Sanders and Trump, and what those principles are. What principles do you see as involved here Mr Zargof?
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:14 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I am tying to imagine the persons whose principles are represented by both Sanders and Trump, and what those principles are. What principles do you see as involved here Mr Zargof?
Trade deals, getting money out of politics, fighting the corruption that Clinton represents, actually making the system work for the 99% rather than the 1%.

Now you can argue that Trump won't do anything to address any of that and everything he says is a lie to get votes. But really how is Clinton different?

People have been screwed by the system for decades with stagnating wages, increasingly paying the rich and corporations' share of the tax burden and getting less for it in return. People are tired of it.

Just like with Brexit you can talk about how much of a disaster it would be to elect Trump, but people just don't believe it any more. And to suppose only racists support Trump is as naive as thinking only racists voted Leave.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

People have been screwed by the system for decades with stagnating wages, increasingly paying the rich and corporations' share of the tax burden and getting less for it in return. People are tired of it.
And will therefore vote for a man who won't release his tax returns so we can see what share of the tax burden he is paying. Go figure.

Just like with Brexit you can talk about how much of a disaster it would be to elect Trump, but people just don't believe it any more. And to suppose only racists support Trump is as naive as thinking only racists voted Leave.
True, but I suspect most racists voted leave and most racists will vote for Trump.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:23 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
And will therefore vote for a man who won't release his tax returns so we can see what share of the tax burden he is paying. Go figure.
It's that or the candidate who won't tell us what she talks to Wall St about. Great choice right.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Trade deals, getting money out of politics, fighting the corruption that Clinton represents, actually making the system work for the 99% rather than the 1%.

Now you can argue that Trump won't do anything to address any of that and everything he says is a lie to get votes. But really how is Clinton different?

Perhaps you missed the fact that Clinton and Sanders have included much of Sanders agenda in the Democrats platform. I much prefer to put my trust in her than in Trump. We can call it the lesser of two evils if you like. A few years after my discharge from the military I attended University at the age of 27. I became a vocal opponent of the war and had significant association with like minded 18 an 19 year old students whom I discovered were amazingly naive and absent any real knowledge of politics or even the 3 branches of government and how they worked. Most had no clue how to register to vote or even who their congressional representatives were. I had no faith in their ability to make a rational choice in the voting booth. I feel the same about many in that age group today.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's that or the candidate who won't tell us what she talks to Wall St about. Great choice right.
Quick...name a candidate that has ever released transcripts of every paid speach they have ever made. On ther other hand...name a candidate who has refused to release their tax returns in the last 50 plus years. The answer to both is zero.

Last edited by dakota44; Jul 6th 2016 at 3:33 am.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Well you made a point about voting intentions and taxes so I don't see what Clinton's private speeches have to do with that. After all, we know exactly what Clinton's income has been for the last quarter of a century and exactly how much tax was paid on it. And how many candidates in the past have released transcripts of their private speeches?
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Why does anyone actually care about that? Apart from the Republicans who hope she said something as damning as Romney did. If you care that she made a paid speech in the first place then it doesn't matter what she said, if you don't care then it doesn't matter what she said.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:37 am
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by dakota44
Perhaps you missed the fact that Clinton and Sanders have included much of Sanders agenda in the Democrats platform. I much prefer to put my trust in her than in Trump. We can call it the lesser of two evils if you like. A few years after my discharge from the military I attended University at the age of 27. I became a vocal opponent of the war and had significant association with like minded 18 an 19 year old students whom I discovered were amazingly naive and absent any real knowledge of politics or even the 3 branches of government and how they worked. Most had no clue how to register to vote or even who their congressional representatives were. I had no faith in their ability to make a rational choice in the voting booth. I feel the same about many in that age group today.
Sure the changes to the platform are a good start, but nothing about fracking, opposition to the TPP or campaign finance reform. Also, it's more a case of how Clinton embraces the platform as you know as well as I do that the platform isn't worth the paper it's written on by itself.

If you want to cast aspersions based on stupid generalizations about age groups, remember it isn't millennials getting all their information from Fox News.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:39 am
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by dakota44
Quick...name a candidate that has ever released transcripts of every paid speach they have ever made.
Bernie Sanders, he didn't make any.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bernie Sanders, he didn't make any.
Is Sanders going to be a candidate in the General Election?
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:44 am
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Anian
Why does anyone actually care about that? Apart from the Republicans who hope she said something as damning as Romney did. If you care that she made a paid speech in the first place then it doesn't matter what she said, if you don't care then it doesn't matter what she said.
The point isn't really the content, it's more the fact that why did she get paid over 200K for a single speech. Why would Goldman Sachs pay that much? Is it because it's a good investment, and they're just waiting to see what rate of return they get when Clinton is President.

Now you can say it doesn't matter and just accept the corruption and legalised bribery because that's just how it is. Or maybe you'd like to do something about it.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sure the changes to the platform are a good start, but nothing about fracking, opposition to the TPP or campaign finance reform. Also, it's more a case of how Clinton embraces the platform as you know as well as I do that the platform isn't worth the paper it's written on by itself.

If you want to cast aspersions based on stupid generalizations about age groups, remember it isn't millennials getting all their information from Fox News.
No casting aspersions...just making a point from personal experience
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The point isn't really the content, it's more the fact that why did she get paid over 200K for a single speech. Why would Goldman Sachs pay that much? Is it because it's a good investment, and they're just waiting to see what rate of return they get when Clinton is President.

Now you can say it doesn't matter and just accept the corruption and legalised bribery because that's just how it is. Or maybe you'd like to do something about it.

Why does anyone pay anybody that k8nd of money for a speech? Highly paid speaking engagements have been the norm for a very long list of people out of public office...and remember...she was out of public office.

Now compare that with Dick Cheney who, while VP, sat with representatives of big oil and othr energy giants to discuss and write energy policy and then refused to release the the records or transcripts of that meeting citing executive privilege.

Last edited by dakota44; Jul 6th 2016 at 3:58 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.