Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Apr 18th 2016, 2:46 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by zargof
Actually Trump's is more "the RNC have rigged the system so I can't win it." What he fails to mention is that Ted Cruz's campaign has just played the delegate game much better and has been far more organised. It says a lot about Trump's supposed management skills.

Bernie is making sure he keeps getting the money and the votes until the end so he has more sway at the convention.
Trump's closing argument:

I didn't do my homework. I'm such a low information candidate that my own kids couldn't vote for me. I'm lazy and belligerent and everything is always somebody else's fault (which actually really works with his followers because that's how they think) plus I'm stupid, monosyllabic, and an international embarrassment. BUT I did so much better than even I thought I could, so you should give me the nomination. If you don't give me the nomination I'll scweam and scweam and then I'll sue you all. I predict that Trump will sue America if we don't elect him president.

Bernie says:

I have neither enough delegates nor votes but my crowds are huge. I did so much better than even I thought I could do, so you should give me the nomination.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 3:04 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Trump's closing argument:

I didn't do my homework. I'm such a low information candidate that my own kids couldn't vote for me. I'm lazy and belligerent and everything is always somebody else's fault (which actually really works with his followers because that's how they think) plus I'm stupid, monosyllabic, and an international embarrassment. BUT I did so much better than even I thought I could, so you should give me the nomination. If you don't give me the nomination I'll scweam and scweam and then I'll sue you all. I predict that Trump will sue America if we don't elect him president.

Bernie says:

I have neither enough delegates nor votes but my crowds are huge. I did so much better than even I thought I could do, so you should give me the nomination.
Yeah, that's pretty close. Oh and your prediction... yeah I did that almost a year ago (yes it's been that long...)

Originally Posted by zargof
They have actually started throwing rocks at Trump, so I guess that's a step in the right direction. Speaking of which I hope he spends so much of his money trying to buy votes he goes bankrupt (again), not sure who he'll sue when he doesn't get elected though.

As for Hillary, it seems like there is a growing movement towards Sanders, similar to that black guy in 2007, not sure what happened to him though.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 6:05 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Trump is campaigning in New York by surrounding himself with all minorities. His press conference looks like the United Colors of Benetton.

I wonder how his regular supporters are going to feel about that.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 6:17 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themadpooper
If it begins at birth, why is abortion prohibited beyond 24-28 weeks?
Because that's around the earliest that a fetus can survive if born prematurely. Before that, the probability of survival tends to zero and that is why it is the cut off point for second trimester abortions.

I suggest you consult the wealth of evidence on this that confirms an unborn baby can both feel pain and hear things long before they fall out of their mother's vagina; they are in every sense human
There are also a great many natural biological reasons that a pregnancy can end even up into the third trimester.

How many of these things evidenced as you suggest take place before 22 weeks gestation though? I would wager few, if any at all. So your point here is mostly irrelevant. I would still argue that life begins at birth, though, since there's no 100% cast-iron biological guarantee that a pregnancy will go full term in the first place.

Anyway, all moot points since 91% of all abortions take place before 12 weeks gestation anyway. Late-term abortions are rare enough that they're not even worth talking about.

As JSmith said - why is this even a talking point anyway? If it's not abortion, it's gays/trans people and if it isn't them it's guns. Have we eliminated poverty? Does everyone have a house, and access to affordable healthcare? Has the need to repair damage done by climate change been addressed, alternatives to oil adopted or infrastructure been improved and modernized? Apparently, if guns and what a private individual does with her own body or who a private individual is attracted to or falls in love with, then all these problems have been solved. Amazing.

Liberals also make me laugh but I don't go around saying as much in an immature and pretty pathetic attempt to put them down. If you want to debate with me, I suggest you stop being so smug and learn to respect other people's points of view
Now you sound like you're taking your ball and going home. Respect has to be earned anyway, earn it and you'll get it. You haven't earned it so far, but that's no skin of either of our noses really.

Oh, and I'm not a liberal either, so you can try again there.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 6:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leslie
Trump is campaigning in New York by surrounding himself with all minorities. His press conference looks like the United Colors of Benetton.

I wonder how his regular supporters are going to feel about that.
I have a photo, just need to upload it.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 8:30 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Boiler
I have a photo, just need to upload it.
Do it.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

“I was down there, and I watched our police and our fireman, down there on 7/11, down at the World Trade Center right after it came down,” Trump said, without missing a beat or pausing to correct himself.

He must have stopped for a Big Gulp on the way. Idiot.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 3:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
“I was down there, and I watched our police and our fireman, down there on 7/11, down at the World Trade Center right after it came down,” Trump said, without missing a beat or pausing to correct himself.

He must have stopped for a Big Gulp on the way. Idiot.
Well yes he would be an idiot if he said he watched the police and firemen at the WTC on the 11 July.

I do hope Bernie wins tomorrow.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 3:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well yes he would be an idiot if he said he watched the police and firemen at the WTC on the 11 July.

Apart from the date, didn't he earlier state he was in New Jersey or Brooklyn watching from there? Along with the millions of people partying???? Why do rational people suck this shit up and not question it?
Old Apr 18th 2016, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Apart from the date, didn't he earlier state he was in New Jersey or Brooklyn watching from there? Along with the millions of people partying???? Why do rational people suck this shit up and not question it?
He said he saw video of thiusands of Muslims in NJ celebrating the attack. Even though no such video has been found and the police said no such thing hsppened.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well...we know what you really hope - but I'm afraid you're in for a disappointment: "She" won't lose.

Bernie's defy-the-odds wins occurred in States where the Democratic Party rules allowed for voting by Independents and, in some cases, even same day registrants.
And those voters are often late deciders - the very people ultimately responsible for the come-from-behind, last minute surges that swept him to unexpected victory.

In the case of tomorrow's closed New York primary - anyone not already registered as a Democrat by last October (4 long months before a single ballot had yet been cast anywhere) should stay home. I would guess that might include 1000s (?) in the 3 humongous Bernie rallies (28,000 people in each) over the past several days.

So JG - given the above, then add the fact that next Tuesday's 5 primaries are also closed - it seems likely "She" will snag a spate of wins.

Meanwhile....back on the Republican ranch
DONALD. TRUMP. SCARES. ME - which, pragmatically, means: I fear the American electorate - big-time
Old Apr 19th 2016, 12:38 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Three of us are registered here at our northern NYS address. My wife is independent, I'm registered WFP, and our son, who lives in England, is registered Democrat. He's already sent in his ballot, voted for Sanders (I assume.) My wife, as an independent, doesn't get to vote. She's well disposed toward both candidates, would be happy for either result.

Registered for WFP, I don't get a vote either. Which makes this article puzzling. Sanders' real base in NY is among WFP type folks, they're putting all their efforts into getting out the vote, but the more people who're registered WFP, the fewer votes he gets? (I don't care that much, both are worthy candidates in my opinion.)

Election 2016: Can Working Families Party Make The Difference For Bernie Sanders In New York?
Old Apr 19th 2016, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Registered for WFP, I don't get a vote either. Which makes this article puzzling. Sanders' real base in NY is among WFP type folks, they're putting all their efforts into getting out the vote, but the more people who're registered WFP, the fewer votes he gets? (I don't care that much, both are worthy candidates in my opinion.)

Election 2016: Can Working Families Party Make The Difference For Bernie Sanders In New York?
In light of the voting registration rules - that article is not only puzzling - it actually does a disservice to the Sanders campaign. It sets up expectations which aren't just "unrealistic" - they're downright impossible!

If party rules did allow non-Democrats and first time voters to cast a ballot in today's NY Primary - the race against Clinton would really be a closely contested one.
But given those rules and fact that therefore, pragmatically, it's not - it's important that a loss of momentum likely to be generated by disappointment over a Sander's defeat today - be minimised. His influence on not just Clinton and her positions - but the political dialogue in the country overall, is vital. It's essential it continue.

And then....there's always California - somewhere over the rainbow - by which time even if Clinton has 'won' - it would be a fitting finale for Sanders to bag it out West - before the convention and the ( of Boiler and JG's love-to-hate favorite)......
Old Apr 19th 2016, 3:37 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
If party rules did allow non-Democrats and first time voters to cast a ballot in today's NY Primary - the race against Clinton would really be a closely contested one.
In the eight most recent polls for the New York Democratic primary, Clinton has leads ranging between 6-17%, with an average among the polls of 12%. Sanders does not lead any of them.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - New York Democratic Presidential Primary

That isn't "closely contested" at all. If anything, that is something approaching a landslide for Clinton.
Old Apr 19th 2016, 3:54 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
In the eight most recent polls for the New York Democratic primary, Clinton has leads ranging between 6-17%, with an average among the polls of 12%. Sanders does not lead any of them.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - New York Democratic Presidential Primary

That isn't "closely contested" at all. If anything, that is something approaching a landslide for Clinton.
But isn't that polling data restricted to registered Democrats? MMcD was making a point about how the vote could go if independents and WFP etc could vote too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.