Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Mar 8th 2016, 5:37 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Just turned the news off and the pundits were saying he almost has no path at all now.

Michigan awards delegates proportionally, so they'll both get about the same number.
Old Mar 8th 2016, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I never expected he would ever win the nomination and I dont now either, but glad he has run and allowed voters to atleast have more choice.

Now how many Sanders supporters will support Clinton in the fall?

I personally wont nor any republican.

My state is Clinton safe though and as such I dont feel a pressing need to vote for someone to keep another out since other then Sanders there are no other candiates to support.

Originally Posted by username.exe
Just turned the news off and the pundits were saying he almost has no path at all now.

Michigan awards delegates proportionally, so they'll both get about the same number.
Old Mar 8th 2016, 7:24 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I never expected he would ever win the nomination and I dont now either, but glad he has run and allowed voters to atleast have more choice.

Now how many Sanders supporters will support Clinton in the fall?

I personally wont nor any republican.

My state is Clinton safe though and as such I dont feel a pressing need to vote for someone to keep another out since other then Sanders there are no other candiates to support.
Well that will help (put Trump into office).

Bernie, god bless him. He really believes in his idealistic, naive (but well-meaning) dream. But in reality, first 2 years in office, republican congress will put his lights out, block everything, ruin the economy, lay all the blame on him, then proceed to lay the groundwork for a republican landslide victory in next election.
Old Mar 8th 2016, 7:31 pm
Banned

themadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly is the appeal of Sanders beyond idealism? His key policies wouldn't be remotely doable, even if the Dem's won back control of congress. On healthcare, there's not enough appetite among the Dem establishment, let alone moderate Republicans, to tear up Obamacare and start again given how much they went through to pass it in the first place. His college tuition plans are literally mental and would cause 1000s of private colleges to go burst, including black ones. His economic model is based on forecasts that far outweigh even the most optimistic predictions. He has no foreign policy, just a flat out blanket promise to never deploy US troops abroad. He offers nothing to the millions of Americans who feel Christianity is under attack by the federal government, where it's bordering on illegal to even proudly announce the line "god save America". It's frightening to think there are intelligent people beyond students who genuinely advocate his policies as a way forward for America

Last edited by themadpooper; Mar 8th 2016 at 7:39 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2016, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themadpooper
What exactly is the appeal of Sanders beyond idealism? His key policies wouldn't be remotely doable, even if the Dem's won back control of congress. On healthcare, there's not enough appetite among the Dem establishment, let alone moderate Republicans, to tear up Obamacare and start again given how much they went through to pass it in the first place. His college tuition plans are literally mental and would cause 1000s of private colleges to go burst, including black ones. His economic model is based on forecasts that far outweigh even the most optimistic predictions. He has no foreign policy, just a flat out blanket promise to never deploy US troops abroad. He offers nothing to the millions of Americans who feel Christianity is under attack by the federal government, where it's bordering on illegal to even proudly announce the line "god save America". It's frightening to think there are intelligent people beyond students who genuinely advocate his policies as a way forward for America
You made sense until you started with the Christian sob story.
Old Mar 8th 2016, 7:57 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
You made sense until you started with the Christian sob story.
That was my initial take
Old Mar 9th 2016, 1:00 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

He offers nothing to the millions of Americans who feel Christianity is under attack by the federal government ...
Because it isn't.

... where it's bordering on illegal to even proudly announce the line "god save America".
Again, it isn't. It's an utterly stupid thing to say, but it still isn't, nor will it ever be, illegal. Religion has no place in legislation anyway, but the separation between church and state is being eroded by these backwards thinking bronze age relics on the right. Hopefully we can breed out these ridiculous people in the next few generations.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 1:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I saw a comment on another forum questioning (tongue in cheek) if the Democrats were even having a primary given all the coverage being given to "that other lot".
Funny that, most of the media supports the Dems and most of the time they talk about the GOP
Old Mar 9th 2016, 1:32 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

This is how all the media should be talking about the election...

https://www.facebook.com/14874069848...9954714699326/

Last edited by zargof; Mar 9th 2016 at 1:38 am.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 1:37 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
This is who all the media should be talking about the election...

https://www.facebook.com/14874069848...9954714699326/
That was quite good actually.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 1:56 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

The whole thing about Sanders' policies not being realistic. That's fine, but I've not seen an explanation any where showing how Clinton's policies are realistic. Which of Clinton's proposals are going to get through the current Congress?

And note this isn't a specific dig at Clinton, I don't see how any Democrat would have more success that Obama as President.

Also, did anyone actually watch Trump's audition for host of QVC last night, it was just bizarre.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 3:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I see Fiorina has endorsed Cruz...they have the same nasty, weasley face.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 3:15 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Also, did anyone actually watch Trump's audition for host of QVC last night, it was just bizarre.
Complete stage craft. None of those are viable businesses.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 3:15 am
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I see Fiorina has endorsed Cruz...they have the same nasty, weasley face.
I'm sure she'll bring her brand of success that she brought to HP and her own campaign.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 3:22 am
Banned

The whole thing about Sanders' policies not being realistic. That's fine, but I've not seen an explanation any where showing how Clinton's policies are realistic. Which of Clinton's proposals are going to get through the current Congress?

And note this isn't a specific dig at Clinton, I don't see how any Democrat would have more success that Obama as President.

Clinton isn't proposing a "revolution", rather a steady migration toward her policies, one step at a time, no huge, unrealistic campaign promises that she'll be patently unable to fulfill.

Bernie's idealism is completely unrealistic, if for no other reason than like Clinton, he'll be tied to a whipping post for the first 2 years, unable to achieve any resemblance of his dramatic reforms, only to be voted out at the end of the first term for not having achieved anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.