Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Dec 2nd 2015, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by zargof
I see this thread has gone quiet recently. I guess everyone has become used to the batshittery now, it's no longer news.
It's barely reported on the main news now when a GOP contender says something dumb. They are still saying dumb things though, as I sometimes see on political sites. Have seen quite a bit of backlash from Republicans recently, I think they are realising what an awful line-up they have and have resigned to sitting out this election since they don't like the Dems either.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
It's barely reported on the main news now when a GOP contender says something dumb. They are still saying dumb things though, as I sometimes see on political sites. Have seen quite a bit of backlash from Republicans recently, I think they are realising what an awful line-up they have and have resigned to sitting out this election since they don't like the Dems either.
Maybe they're running out of dumb things to say?

Chris Christie Suggests Teachers Get Minimum Wage Plus Bonuses | The Business Standard News

Nope.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Latest poll shows Trump way out in the lead, with Carson/Cruz/Rubio about equal.

Clinton is at 60% while Sanders is at 30%. Either of them still beat all of the GOP contenders, although it is close for some, Rubio seemingly being the best chance.

Ben Carson fades and Hillary Clinton rises in latest presidential poll | US news | The Guardian
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
I see this thread has gone quiet recently. I guess everyone has become used to the batshittery now, it's no longer news.
You mental giants who have all the answers are clearly getting bored with each other. I look in now and then and I've seen that it's become really, really stale. It's what the Princeton students would consider a "safe" place. Enjoy it.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 11:21 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
You mental giants who have all the answers are clearly getting bored with each other. I look in now and then and I've seen that it's become really, really stale. It's what the Princeton students would consider a "safe" place. Enjoy it.
I enjoyed your contributions to the thread Flavius, even if your views are not exactly to my taste.
I'd rather have some good debate and banter than throw comments out in to an echo chamber.

I'v been stuck in a hotel for the past couple of days and have done a lot of switching between the cable news channels.
Interestingly, it looks like Rubio has the best chance of beating Hillary, and Cruz seems to have focused his attacks more on Marco as a result.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
I enjoyed your contributions to the thread Flavius, even if your views are not exactly to my taste.
I'd rather have some good debate and banter than throw comments out in to an echo chamber.

I'v been stuck in a hotel for the past couple of days and have done a lot of switching between the cable news channels.
Interestingly, it looks like Rubio has the best chance of beating Hillary, and Cruz seems to have focused his attacks more on Marco as a result.
Thanks for that. It got pretty nasty (no banter except at the expense of centre-right posters), where rather than good debate it was all personal attack. Since I was determined not to stoop to that level, I found better things to do.

I think Rubio is the best salesman for the R side, but I expect Hillary to win because Trump will run 3rd party once the majority of Republicans rally around someone like Rubio, Christie or Kasich. He'll pull 6 - 8% of the vote away from the Republican candidate and that will kill any chance the Republican might have had.

Anyway, I might check back in a couple of weeks, but I'm not a regular anymore. This thread is a "safe" place with a single viewpoint -- or an echo chamber if you like.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Dec 2nd 2015, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
I second that.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Okay, let's get back to the election since there has actually been some recent movement.

Ben Carson is finally slipping (not mentally, that happened a long long time ago) in the polls so I think we'll be shed of him hogging the limelight soon.

Donald Trump, certifiable narcissistic wife rapist and serial litigant, is still the darling of the Republican base and the scourge of the establishment. God help us all.

The big news though is that Ted Cruz, tent show revivalist and closeted homosexual, is surging. I actually find this to be heartening and terrifying at the same time. He's probably the anti-Christ but he's so much better than Trump.

I still think Jeb and Chris Christie are the ones to watch but ... poor Jeb.
Ted Cruz or Donald Trump .. hmmm. What heartens me about Trump is, if he actually won, he'd simply die on the vine trying to get anything done, while Cruz, being a more politically astute operator, may actually succeed in executing some of his crazy policies. God help us all indeed.

Do you think Christie is still viable? I would like to think so but boy, he's fallen a long way! If he'd lighten up (light up?) on marijuana, I may actually be able to say I like the guy ...
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Anian
Latest poll shows Trump way out in the lead, with Carson/Cruz/Rubio about equal.

Clinton is at 60% while Sanders is at 30%. Either of them still beat all of the GOP contenders, although it is close for some, Rubio seemingly being the best chance.

Ben Carson fades and Hillary Clinton rises in latest presidential poll | US news | The Guardian
Just read the poll ... I was immediately struck by '...The 72-question telephone survey...' What kind of people answer their phones at all, and if they do answer, respond to 72 question surveys??? This would surely prejudice the survey because respondents must surely be old, traditional, and extremely bored ... which I suspect would suggest a republican bias.

But still, interesting to see that while Clinton is ahead of Sanders, Sanders seems to do very slightly better than Clinton against the likely Republican contenders. But reassuring to see that even old, traditional, boring people would favor Clinton OR Sanders over the pile of festering humanity that is the current Republican front-runners.

Also interesting to see that abortion is not important to any of the respondents; yet the Republicans are falling over themselves to push the 'Planned Parenthood' debate.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Just read the poll ... I was immediately struck by '...The 72-question telephone survey...' What kind of people answer their phones at all, and if they do answer, respond to 72 question surveys??? This would surely prejudice the survey because respondents must surely be old, traditional, and extremely bored ... which I suspect would suggest a republican bias.

But still, interesting to see that while Clinton is ahead of Sanders, Sanders seems to do very slightly better than Clinton against the likely Republican contenders. But reassuring to see that even old, traditional, boring people would favor Clinton OR Sanders over the pile of festering humanity that is the current Republican front-runners.

Also interesting to see that abortion is not important to any of the respondents; yet the Republicans are falling over themselves to push the 'Planned Parenthood' debate.
Young people favor Sanders. Young people don't do telephone polls. I wouldn't trust much of the polling.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steerpike
The economy is doing pretty well at the moment, unemployment is below 4.5% in most stats, 5% overall. They don't have much leverage. The smart thing would be to promise higher wages for the middle class, since they haven't risen since the recession and the low unemployment causes demand, which causes wages to rise - so they can claim success without doing anything if they get in. Instead they go on about tax cuts which always favour the rich.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 11:33 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

That terror couple in California had a 6 month old kid, right? Trump wants to kill that kid!
Donald Trump on terrorists: 'Take out their families' - CNNPolitics.com
Old Dec 4th 2015, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
That terror couple in California had a 6 month old kid, right? Trump wants to kill that kid!
Donald Trump on terrorists: 'Take out their families' - CNNPolitics.com
I pretty much guarantee you Trump's poll numbers will increase post this latest shooting.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 5:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I pretty much guarantee you Trump's poll numbers will increase post this latest shooting.
You're a little late....it's been all over the TV this morning that his numbers are now well in the 30 percentile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.