Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

“Just say no to government run.............

“Just say no to government run.............

Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:11 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: “Just say no to government run.............

Originally Posted by frrussre
Wet, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

We will have none of that mucky talk on here, now you go to the corner.

Reg. Frank R.
Originally Posted by cindyabs
you started it you little monkey.

Bad Frankie, verra, verra BAD Frankie!!!

ps I think I love you
I'll be going now to leave you two alone.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

you started it you little monkey.

Bad Frankie, verra, verra BAD Frankie!!!

ps I think I love you
I suggested, standing in the corner, now there is a little monkey & spanking. I have led a sheltered life & no idea what this is all about. Not so much of the little.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
I'll be going now to leave you two alone.
11.26 am, have not got any work done. Have to get a trim, go to Costco, sunbathe at the pool (What a country, now you know why i'm not leaving), how will I fit it all in.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sally, I know your only 21, but in my "Good old days", they did like to hide stuff, push it under the mat, so who knows.

Reg. Frank R.
Yeah I heard it was like that in the old days, look at your mate Oscar Wilde
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yeah I heard it was like that in the old days, look at your mate Oscar Wilde
Years later, Quentin Crisp. Saw him in & around the East Village NYC, many times, before his death.
Nearly typed bumped into him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankie & Johnny in the song, may well have been two guys, in 1904 they certainly would not have dared admit it. Even in the 50's, 60's or even 70's.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Years later, Quentin Crisp. Saw him in & around the East Village NYC, many times, before his death.
Nearly typed bumped into him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankie & Johnny in the song, may well have been two guys, in 1904 they certainly would not have dared admit it. Even in the 50's, 60's or even 70's.

Reg. Frank R.
I suppose Quentin was one of the first unashamedly 'out' men. Very funny writing
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:30 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose Quentin was one of the first unashamedly 'out' men. Very funny writing
I keep meaning to read David Sedaris. Thanks for the reminder,
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

He was certainly flamboyant to the end. Bless his little cotton socks. Or bless his, panty hose, nope think he was born when stockings were the only choice.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:55 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

He was certainly flamboyant to the end. Bless his little cotton socks. Or bless his, panty hose, nope think he was born when stockings were the only choice.
IIRC, while his autobiography made much of his gallant and generous nature (e.g. the Gentian Violet incident), other reports indicated a certain degree of viciousness that is often glossed over...
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chartreuse
IIRC, while his autobiography made much of his gallant and generous nature (e.g. the Gentian Violet incident), other reports indicated a certain degree of viciousness that is often glossed over...
Certainly not an expert on the man, but believe he was certainly partial to the very young male & control that goes with.

Reg. Frank R
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of

I am justso sick of the whole healthcare thing. I am sick of being insulted before I even speak by Americans who choose to launch into the conversation just because I'm English - for example, my parents were over from England recently. In their case, I honestly do not believe my mother would be alive if she lived here, there is no way they could afford her treatment and medication, even with insurance.

We went to a 'friends' house for a meal, and straight away the friend started with 'so, tell us about the horrors of socialized healthcare in England then!' I mean, whether we all agreed on the subject or not, how f*&*(&(g RUDE!

I can't give you any great political argument or debate, and actually I think the English model wouldn't work here anyway, very different country, and very different way of thinking - America needs its own solution.

But I can tell you I cannot afford to go and see my Doctor. I am taking half my medication because I can't afford it. I have been unemployed for a year, just had surgery (a fairly minor thing) and the bill we got may as well be a million dollars for all the ability we have to pay it.

Its quite simple. The people that think the system here is ok are the people who can afford it. The experience for me has overshadowed the whole experience of living in America, and I would give anything to go home. I have long term health issues now and I am scared that I have to stay here.
(And before you say it, yes I do have to. Life is not that simple.)
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep & I was pointing out that, just as we don't have to be ripped off by private Medical insurance companies, NHS/ Government medical care etc works great, we don't have to be ripped off by American style further education, because the BRITISH BRITISH BRITISH & most of the rest of the world gets great (Better then USA), education for FOC or almost.

To all Americans, this is an Expat site, you must go visit other countries & see how well they live, you really can't believe all the American government tells you. We in USA have most sucky medical system (45 million & growing have none) & certainly not the best education system.
As I have said in the past, the American Government, gave the USC's cheap beer, cheap cigarettes, cheap cars, cheap built trailer homes, you all thought it was Shrangri la I have been coming here since a child, could never understand why things were so cheap, then I moved here & realised why, they are CRAPP, cheap car tires (They fall apart & belong on farm vehicles), roller blinds with cardboard inserts, Top loading washing machines, out of Noahs Ark, 110v power, with constant brown outs, should I go on.

I like living here, will not be leaving anytime soon, but reserve the right, to complain & tell the officials they are tossers.
Reg. Frank R.

PS. I will take the spanking now, PLEASE.

I wasn't aware the trailers and washing machines were supplied by the government. As for constant brownouts, not sure what you mean. And yes, I've had the opportunity to travel to many other countries, both Asian and European. Europe, particularly The Netherlands and Germany, was nice, but really nothing special. I recall a little trouble finding hotel rooms that actually had bathrooms, though. And virtually no businesses open 24/7. Like I said, nice, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Last edited by Tom60; Jan 23rd 2010 at 12:00 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:09 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom60
I wasn't aware the trailers and washing machines were supplied by the government. As for constant brownouts, not sure what you mean. And yes, I've had the opportunity to travel to many other countries, both Asian and European. Europe, particularly The Netherlands and Germany was nice, but really nothing special. I recall a little trouble finding hotel rooms that actually had bathrooms, though. And virtually no businesses open 24/7. Like I said, nice, but I wouldn't want to live there.
I might be wrong but I think you got the wrong end of the stick. I don't think that he meant that the US government gave out washing machines. (You could check with him though).

Don't you think that it was more likely that he was reacting to some of the general "America is best" whining that's taken place on these hallowed forums since the Scott Brown Trout thing? (Not sure if you took part in that - really can't be arsed ploughing back through to read).

I thought your post about Europe was funny though! I'm glad you liked Germany - even if it was only a little bit (you should start a travel blog - I bet loads of BEers would read it). About 24/7 businesses though... in the rest of the world night time is when people go to bed. I think it's a rather nice little ritual.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:38 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny you know, I can remember when things were NOT open 24/7 and we managed.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 1:26 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny you know, I can remember when things were NOT open 24/7 and we managed.
Could lose my house if I get cancer but at least I'd be able to buy sprouts at 4am. That'd cheer me up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.