Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What is the best beach resort in Thailand and why

What is the best beach resort in Thailand and why

Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:47 pm
Love Machine

lumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of light
Default What is the best beach resort in Thailand and why

Ive heard that

Phuket
Krabi
Koh Samui
Pattaya
Hua Hin

are exceptional and if I could visit one which would you recommend

Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:52 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the best beach resort in Thailand and why

From your list, my personal preference was for Hua Hin as it's easy to get to from bangkok without getting on a flight and, relatively, free of hookers. But then I like sitting in the sun reading a book now-a-days; so I guess it depends on what you are after.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:55 pm
Love Machine

lumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers mate im not interested in Hookers or Ladyboys I just want to chill without being hassled all the time.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:07 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lumpommer
Cheers mate im not interested in Hookers or Ladyboys I just want to chill without being hassled all the time.
I hear you.

Still, if you are into scuba diving, do a lot of snorkling, or other activities then I'm not sure Hua Hin is the best place. I don't do those things so I'm not able to comment on where's best to do them.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 5:53 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Krabi , a great place , good for all sorts , family friendly and it has some fantastic beaches along the coast . We stayed in the Somkiet Buri Resort and Spa in Ao Nang . Google it . The place was great .

Riley beach is also worth checking out too .
Old Sep 6th 2012, 2:45 am
Just Joined

siriwanjs is an unknown quantity at this point

Krabi, Koh PP has 6 islands, the most beautiful and the world popular one is Koh PP lay where Ao Mahya is called The Emarald of Andaman.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:57 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Non about Krabi.

Phuket also IF you pick right place. Please please not Patong. Based on criteria NO ladyboys etc GOOD beach.... Nai Harn (well i used to live there) but fab fab beach, laid back, just couple of hotels. If you really wanna go upmarket, Cape Panwa. For anti phuket Phuket check out North east side near Ao Po Marina. Not a bar in sight but a couple of chill out hotels