Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Looking to relocate to S.E.A

Looking to relocate to S.E.A

Old May 23rd 2013, 9:55 am
Just Joined

bradqwer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking to relocate to S.E.A

Can anyone reccomend sites where I can get all the info I could ever need. Looking to nail this trip down ASAP also whens best time in terms of £££££ to fly
Old May 23rd 2013, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by bradqwer
Can anyone reccomend sites where I can get all the info I could ever need. Looking to nail this trip down ASAP also whens best time in terms of £££££ to fly
www.thaiapartment.com/
www.bangkok.com/budget-hotels.htm

www.thailovelinks.com

www.bts.co.th

www.stickmanbangkok.com

www.thaivisa.com

The cheapest time is around now as this is the low season. The high season runs from Nov to end April with Peak season Chrimbo to end Jan

The rain season starts around now and the cooler weather starts in Oct with best weather Dec-Feb and hottest/humid Apr/May
Old May 23rd 2013, 10:14 am
Just Joined

bradqwer is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh so flying out say early Jan is going to hit me in the pocket yeh, mmmm may have to re plan my departure
Old May 23rd 2013, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by bradqwer
TY for the advice guys, whats phukket like as thats more of a beach right or am I getting confused?
Phuket is great for beaches but it can be quite expensive

Places worth a visit (as well as Phuket) are koh samui (beaches), Chang mai (mountains), Essarn (rice), koh samed (island close to Pattaya).
Old May 23rd 2013, 12:18 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Looking to relocate to S.E.A

Originally Posted by Quackers
I have a friend who lives (and works) in Nonthaburi and he always used to take the long expensive taxi on a Friday night to the Sukhumvit area. He is married now with a kid, house, car & new curtains. I think this is the natural 'progression' for people working in Thailand.

I can't see a 'fresh' lad on a 3 month fun trip getting much out of staying away from the wild area. OK if your living there and looking for a girl to settle down with but in my opinion it would be 3 months wasted (for a young newbie).

I personally couldn't live in BKK suburbia and chose Hua Hin suburbia
Perhaps he can debrief us down the line and let us know how he got on.