Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Follow this Spouse UK/Thailand Visa Application

Follow this Spouse UK/Thailand Visa Application

Old Jun 2nd 2010, 9:55 am
Just Joined

thepitstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Follow this Spouse UK/Thailand Visa Application

Heres a love story and hopefully not heartbreak in the making, I just found this guys youtube site and as I am making a UK spouse visa application as well I thought it was of interest, www.youtube.com/myukvisa, I am here as I will have to become ex-pat if my wife doesnt get a visa.

Does anyone have any ideas about how frequent and without "reason" or "grounds" (quote from from Border Agency ops manual) these British Embassy visa guys reject applications. I emailed the guy in the pictures and he said he had his first visa application (tourist visa) rejected forcing him to bring his plans forward, apparently they ignored the strong evidence of bank transfers and letters etc and rejected the tourist visa out of hand. He didnt raise it as an issue and went straight ahead and married as he is "in love". He then took extracts of his "proof of love (ie genuine lady)" very personal videos, I am concerned that my Thai wife will get her visa application rejected as she does not have capital, a house (other than rented) and we have been married for less than a year. He has stated he will put another video this week (june 1st) of the actual application bundle which is enormous. He's keeping a close record of the whole thing as evidence as he feels it will go to court if he is refused again. A bit cheesy videos but at least he's put his heart on the wires...
Old Jul 13th 2010, 10:01 am
Just Joined

David Mayes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Follow this Spouse UK/Thailand Visa Application

Originally Posted by thepitstop
Heres a love story and hopefully not heartbreak in the making, I just found this guys youtube site and as I am making a UK spouse visa application as well I thought it was of interest, www.youtube.com/myukvisa, I am here as I will have to become ex-pat if my wife doesnt get a visa.

Does anyone have any ideas about how frequent and without "reason" or "grounds" (quote from from Border Agency ops manual) these British Embassy visa guys reject applications. I emailed the guy in the pictures and he said he had his first visa application (tourist visa) rejected forcing him to bring his plans forward, apparently they ignored the strong evidence of bank transfers and letters etc and rejected the tourist visa out of hand. He didnt raise it as an issue and went straight ahead and married as he is "in love". He then took extracts of his "proof of love (ie genuine lady)" very personal videos, I am concerned that my Thai wife will get her visa application rejected as she does not have capital, a house (other than rented) and we have been married for less than a year. He has stated he will put another video this week (june 1st) of the actual application bundle which is enormous. He's keeping a close record of the whole thing as evidence as he feels it will go to court if he is refused again. A bit cheesy videos but at least he's put his heart on the wires...
Usually they only give people trouble when there is a big gap in ages (for example a 20 year girl with a 75 year old guy). I think everyone I have ever met who has had trouble has eventually gotten their visa, they have just had to go through the process a few times and bring in more and more "proof" that there is a legitimate relationship
Old Jul 13th 2010, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

thepitstop is an unknown quantity at this point

hi thanks good news they got the visa after about 8 weeks but the film production will continue, thanks again
Old Jul 14th 2010, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

brownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nice

The first visa is the hardest!!Now you have the border agency to contend with.I will be applying for a UK visa for my wife here in Egypt(yes she is Thai!!)and I dont think there should be a problem.First time to apply I was working in Trinidad and we were not married but the consulate gave us the visa in 5 minutes and could not have been more helpful!Second time was in the czech republic and again it went straight through(2002?). I dont know of any tips to give with this new outfit,I will reply again after my wife applys here!!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

had no problems getting a visa (tourist) for my wife (Kazakh) from the Embassy in Singapore. We had been married less than a year when we applied
Old Jul 19th 2010, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

andrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really nice

Originally Posted by thepitstop

Hi there. Firstly, this link is to a handy forum that discusses all UK Visa issues. I found it a great help when applying for my wife's visas (out of China)

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/index.php

We also had an application rejected in the beginning and it is a deflating experience. You need to be your wife's financial guarantor, but she must also have funds, let's say incase something happens that you get separated for any reason...If your wife has property or assets in her own country, of course this also shows an intention to return home after the trip (as does a letter from her employer supporting the trip and proof that your job in Thailand is permanent) The other things you need documentable proof of :

steady income, enough money in the bank to fund the trip (including flights, accommodation etc), letter from house owner where you will be staying (including passport scan, council tax bill...)

I also asked my boss and some friends to write testimonials stating that they had known us both for x years and that we had been a couple for x years and that we had attended this function and that function together. Also, show holiday receipts - flight, hotels etc.

PM me or read through the hundreds of posts of people in the same position as yourselves. Many people fail once, due to not realising which and how much information is required because UK citizens have never had to work so hard for our own visas.

Don't give up - you will succeed in future.