Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Climate in Thailand in Oct

Climate in Thailand in Oct

Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:59 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Climate in Thailand in Oct

Me and my other half are going on holiday. We need to go in early October and would like to go to Thailand (Phuket, we think).

However, people keep telling us about the climate and how wet and humid it will be in October, and that it will totally spoil our holiday.

Is this true?!
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Climate in Thailand in Oct

there is never a bad time to go to thailand you will have a great time
Old Jul 4th 2006, 3:09 pm
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Me and my other half are going on holiday. We need to go in early October and would like to go to Thailand (Phuket, we think).

However, people keep telling us about the climate and how wet and humid it will be in October, and that it will totally spoil our holiday.

Is this true?!
It is my child, and very steamy.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 12:09 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MightBe
It is my child, and very steamy.
All I want to avoid is long days of endless drizzle. I can cope with short, sharp showers a couple of times a day. And humid is ok as we're not going to be doing anything at all beyond moving from our room to the beach and back...
Old Jul 8th 2006, 12:58 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

All I want to avoid is long days of endless drizzle. I can cope with short, sharp showers a couple of times a day. And humid is ok as we're not going to be doing anything at all beyond moving from our room to the beach and back...
a gamble - it's start of the South China Sea wet(ter) season, although it really kicks off in November/December time.

personally I like it as it is further north & cooler than Borneo, but it all depends on your perspective
Old Jul 16th 2006, 11:36 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Is this true?!

October will be fine. Though its kind of between the rainy season and winter. There may be days where it rains fora couple of hours. But will soon clear up. So basically some days will be wet for a while and some wont. Dont put off your holiday. Come to LOS and have a great time. I live here and have travelled the country at the time you suggested. Come here and i tell you. It will be the best holiday you have ever had. Though i dont know about Phuket. Have you thought about Krabi?