Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Apartments to rent - Bangkok

Apartments to rent - Bangkok

Old Jun 8th 2006, 2:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Apartments to rent - Bangkok

Hi there, never been in here before, spend all my time in the Aus forums - doesn't look much different does it Anyway, my query:

My niece has just got a job with the British Council TEFL in Bangkok. We are trying to find a one bedroomed apartment for her - she will be there two years. We are getting slightly bogged down by the results from googling for a couple of weeks now and I wondered if anyone out there knew of an apartment block, clean, reasonable price (not more than 15,000 baht per month), and fairly central.

Also can anyone point me in the direction of a really good street map of Bangkok - all the ones I have found have been a bit basic and not very useful when trying to work out how far apartments are from her work.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 4:19 am
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Apartments to rent - Bangkok

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hi there, never been in here before, spend all my time in the Aus forums - doesn't look much different does it Anyway, my query:

My niece has just got a job with the British Council TEFL in Bangkok. We are trying to find a one bedroomed apartment for her - she will be there two years. We are getting slightly bogged down by the results from googling for a couple of weeks now and I wondered if anyone out there knew of an apartment block, clean, reasonable price (not more than 15,000 baht per month), and fairly central.

Also can anyone point me in the direction of a really good street map of Bangkok - all the ones I have found have been a bit basic and not very useful when trying to work out how far apartments are from her work.

Thanks in advance.

Birtish Council is near the SIAM BTS Skytrain station. She will find it very easy if the Apartment is within the walking distance to ANY BTS sky train station. Visit the BTS skytrain bangkok website and find the route map. Find SIAM station in it.
If it is for 2 years, first find a temporary 1-2 week apartment or a hotel near a sky train station and then she will be able to visit and see the available options.
It has plenty of Apartments and normally rooms are readily available.

It is not possible to find 15,000 bht range Apartments from a Map. Usually they list serviced Apartments and Hotels only.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 12:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bru
Birtish Council is near the SIAM BTS Skytrain station. She will find it very easy if the Apartment is within the walking distance to ANY BTS sky train station. Visit the BTS skytrain bangkok website and find the route map. Find SIAM station in it.
If it is for 2 years, first find a temporary 1-2 week apartment or a hotel near a sky train station and then she will be able to visit and see the available options.
It has plenty of Apartments and normally rooms are readily available.

It is not possible to find 15,000 bht range Apartments from a Map. Usually they list serviced Apartments and Hotels only.
Thank you. She is working in deepest darkest Poland at the moment so it's not the easiest thing to sort out But that is good advice to do a two week stint somewhere first.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 11:42 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. She is working in deepest darkest Poland at the moment so it's not the easiest thing to sort out But that is good advice to do a two week stint somewhere first.

Sort it out when she gets here. Speak to fellow teachers at Siam. I have been and done courses there. Good fun people. She will have no problem finding a place.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance.
We are at home in BKK at the moment,BKK does not have central,where will she be working.Any place on the sky train route will be pricey as road transport is a nightmare,(3 hrs to drive 30 klms last night).The same can be said for the subway.Victory monument is a fave for expats,as is thonglor and then moving out to On Nut and Bang Na on the Sukhumvit line.Street maps are virtually none existant and finding your way arouind tends to come with experience.Taxi,s are cheap a short journey costs around A dollar 1.50.Where is work,the quickest transport in BKK is motorcycle taxi or walking