Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

BANGKOK AIRPORT TO VIENTIANE

BANGKOK AIRPORT TO VIENTIANE

Old Jul 14th 2012, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice
Default BANGKOK AIRPORT TO VIENTIANE

In November we arrive at bangkok airport at 10.30 am and given we need a visa to get into laos, know we have to get a train or bus to the friendship bridge, we have been before and trains are only early morning and night, so we opted for a bus but arent sure how far the bus station is or which one, we want a vip bus - does anyone know how often they run, how long it takes and the price.
Then i think we get a bus from the friendship bridge to vientine where we want to get to the morning market to be met by relatives..........are we doing this the best way? Any info. apreciated, thank you al.....
Old Jul 16th 2012, 6:00 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BANGKOK AIRPORT TO VIENTIANE

You will need to go to Morchit bus which is near Chatuchak market . This is the bus station for buses to the North and Northeast . I would of thought a bus to Nong Khai would be about 500 baht ( ish ) . It probably takes about 8-9 hours I would of thought . If you get off the bus before you go into the town itself you're closer to the friendship bridge and you can get a shared tuk tuk to the bridge itself .

If you have time it might be worth getting the Laos visa before you travel if possible because another option is to get the bus to Udon Thani and then get a bus from Udon straight through the border to Vientiene itself . They run every hour or so from Udon and you save yourself time at the border and money because you won't be messing around with taxis at the border . The bus staiton is right by the morning market too .

Worth remembering for the way back anyway !
Old Jul 16th 2012, 7:13 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

I went in May and the bus from Udon is definitely the way to go for me now . It was so quick at the border . I've ben before when you have to wait ages to get the Laos visa on arrival . If you book it up early enough you can get a cheap flight to Udon too through Airasia.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 7:15 am

There is a government bus from Morchit too but you would need a Laos visa already to be able to get the bus the same as the one from Udon.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice

thankyou again, i will consider these options and try to find out where i can get a visa before travelling on Halloween night, lol