Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

What to include in a teachers CV for WA?

What to include in a teachers CV for WA?

Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:11 am
CJL
Just Joined

CJL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to include in a teachers CV for WA?

Hi all
Just been asked to send a CV off to a school and I am unsure if Oz schools like to see any thing in particular in detail or emphasized in a certain way? I did hear (and it was from a chat to a random bloke out one night) that when it comes to ICT it worth putting down everything from smart boards right back to the basics such as word, as there is no assumption about you ICT skill, is this true? The other big question is what are WA government programmes and state frameworks that need to be mentioned in a covering letter and highlighted in the CV? I am thinking along the lines of every child matters.

Thanks
C
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:51 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to include in a teachers CV for WA?

Hi,

I can't help with your question, but I'm sure that someone will be along shortly to help you out. In the meantime I wanted to welcome you to BE. I hope you enjoy using the site. We have some wonderful members here.

If you have not yet had time to explore the site let me give you a little tour:
There's the Photogallery, the free Classifieds, and we've also got a blog and wiki section. You will find lots of interesting info in the wiki.

If you every have any questions about how the site works, or you are stuck on something, swing on by the FAQ's or leave us a message in Site Feedback.

Sue
Old Apr 8th 2009, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had a few comms from DET in aus, schools are very keen on extra curricular activities as well as classroom stuff. make sure you make a comprehensive list of any you have been involved in

welcome to BE
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:25 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't put too much ICT stuff, but they do like extra curricular work, especially Sport!

Not as many initiatives here (thank goodness!). I wouldn't change your UK CV too much, as long as its concise and well presented it will be fine.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:55 pm
CJL
Just Joined

Thank you for the welcome Sue and thanks for the advice derekgoforth and WS. I will be glad to hand back all the folders of initiatives that I have accumulated over the years! Especially as the biggest of them all is the new Assessing Pupil Progress folder which I will have skilfully dodged by leaving at the end of this school year! So are their no hot acronyms to drop in other than the standard AFL?
C
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

blackjack041 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CJL
Thank you for the welcome Sue and thanks for the advice derekgoforth and WS. I will be glad to hand back all the folders of initiatives that I have accumulated over the years! Especially as the biggest of them all is the new Assessing Pupil Progress folder which I will have skilfully dodged by leaving at the end of this school year! So are their no hot acronyms to drop in other than the standard AFL?
C
CJL... think back to your very first visit to the candy store and that is the impression you will want to give. Don't hand back any of those folders too soon!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:20 pm
CJL
Just Joined

True but I would have to remortgage if I wanted to ship them!
Old Apr 10th 2009, 6:54 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I'd jump on this thread as opposed to starting my own. I'm currently updating my CV which had gotten very very out of date. Been a Primary School Teacher for 9 years now, as well as the obvious content such as:

* Educational quals
* Teaching experience to date
* In-service training to date
* Extra-curricular experience to date
* Other relevant work experience such as Camp America, summer schemes I've run etc

Do I write a 'skills profile'? I'd thought about these headings: Communication, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Organisation and Leadership, ICT, SEN,

Do I write a brief bit on my 'interests' and my 'aspirations for the future' type thing?

I'm really not sure what to include, and ideally how long should my CV be?

Thanks for any help people can offer

Jen xo
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:42 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Bumpity bumpity bumpity bump lol