Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

WA 457 When are we due an update

WA 457 When are we due an update

Old Apr 26th 2009, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

poppyandpeanut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA 457 When are we due an update

checked my spam folder.....got the mail as well!!!!!!!

wahayyyyy!

well done everyone, cheers for everyone that helped on here!

p.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Alk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: WA 457 When are we due an update

Hi everyone. Congratulations to everyone who has had the email!!! Are there any other primary people who are due to go out in Jan 2010 who have not yet had the email???? I am one of them and am hoping that I may get mine soon???? Fingers crossed!!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Herds2Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alk1
Hi everyone. Congratulations to everyone who has had the email!!! Are there any other primary people who are due to go out in Jan 2010 who have not yet had the email???? I am one of them and am hoping that I may get mine soon???? Fingers crossed!!
Hi Alk1

This may be a stupid question but have you checked your spam? The first email we received from Sue (DET) was classed as spam and I note that other posters have had a similar experience.

Best wishes
H2Oz
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

poppyandpeanut is an unknown quantity at this point

ours was in spam
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: WA 457 When are we due an update

Hi guys. Thanks for the advice but I have checked the 'spam/junk email' folders and its not there!! Just a little concerned because I appear to have gone through the process a little different to most people on here. I went to expo in London in March 2008 and from that was invited to interview in May. I had to take all paperwork to interview with me (certificates etc). I was told in June that I had been accepted on programme and would be recommended for sponsorship. I heard nothing till August when Sue said she was chasing up 1 reference. This was sorted out straight away and I still heard nothing. I emailed in Feb 09 to see what was happening but was told by Sue in March that my application was complete but had only just been passed to her!!

Looking at everybody who has got email, they had interviews October/Nov (although I know that this was the last part of the process for most people!) Just a little concerned that I may have been put to the back of the line!!! Not sure if they are notifying people in application order of priority or when applications complete etc. Just looking for a bit of reassurance as I cant stand the suspense anymore!!!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

minnie6186 is on a distinguished road

Hi Alk 1 why don't you email Sue tonight and hopeful you will get a reply by morning. No harm in asking and she is really helpful.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi Minnie,

Thanks for that. I will leave it till tommorrow evening to hear and then I probably will email Sue. I don't really want to hassle her as I know that she is probably inundated with emails but hopefully I may hear in the morning. If I don't hear than I suppose I will have to take a deep breath and contact her. What a coward I am!!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

minnie6186 is on a distinguished road

I know its difficult but chances are, like you said, she is very busy and your email will come so stay positive.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys. Thanks for the advice but I have checked the 'spam/junk email' folders and its not there!! Just a little concerned because I appear to have gone through the process a little different to most people on here. I went to expo in London in March 2008 and from that was invited to interview in May. I had to take all paperwork to interview with me (certificates etc). I was told in June that I had been accepted on programme and would be recommended for sponsorship. I heard nothing till August when Sue said she was chasing up 1 reference. This was sorted out straight away and I still heard nothing. I emailed in Feb 09 to see what was happening but was told by Sue in March that my application was complete but had only just been passed to her!!

Looking at everybody who has got email, they had interviews October/Nov (although I know that this was the last part of the process for most people!) Just a little concerned that I may have been put to the back of the line!!! Not sure if they are notifying people in application order of priority or when applications complete etc. Just looking for a bit of reassurance as I cant stand the suspense anymore!!!
Not 100% sure but I "think" that those of us who've had the email had been offered starts in Jan 2010. So I can't reassure you. Honestly you'll need to contact Sue asap, at least then you'll know where you stand. Good luck with it all
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:17 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Alk 1 - my husband started the process in March 2008, and we are here already! BUT you are primary, and I know that they were not bringing primary over till 2010! I agree with the others, email Sue! I'd also mention that you had your interview in May last year, as like you said, most of the others had them in Oct/ Nov!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Sue is away for a couple of days. So she cant reply yet.

Also if you have Yahoo, the email could have bounced. A while back they had problem with emails not getting to teachers with Yahoo email.
So check spam and if you have Yahoo you may need to contact DET.

Id also like to say Im optimistic the scheme will run for a while. However would like to say their is not as many teaching positions as their was when we arrived 2 years ago. So Derek may be a tad over positive.

Gems
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

dobsy01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kar-kier
Alk 1 - my husband started the process in March 2008, and we are here already! BUT you are primary, and I know that they were not bringing primary over till 2010! I agree with the others, email Sue! I'd also mention that you had your interview in May last year, as like you said, most of the others had them in Oct/ Nov!
We were interviewed in Oct and could have gone out with the July crowd but it interferes with Term 6.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 3:02 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dobsy01
We were interviewed in Oct and could have gone out with the July crowd but it interferes with Term 6.
Sorry, my mistake!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Right everybody can you please read my update.

Will post a new thread above.

Gems
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Minnie,

Thanks for that. I will leave it till tommorrow evening to hear and then I probably will email Sue. I don't really want to hassle her as I know that she is probably inundated with emails but hopefully I may hear in the morning. If I don't hear than I suppose I will have to take a deep breath and contact her. What a coward I am!!
Hi Alk 1 - have you heard anything yet? If not you must email Sue - she is quick to reply, and at least you will know where you stand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.