Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

WA 457 When are we due an update

WA 457 When are we due an update

Old Apr 8th 2009, 2:31 pm
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA 457 When are we due an update

i think people are looking for a bit of realism about now. i appriciate the thanks though, thankyou
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derekgoforth
i think people are looking for a bit of realism about now. i appriciate the thanks though, thankyou
Well derek, would think you're not equipt with the interest or knowledge to answer
Link would say otherwise http://www.det.wa.edu.au/education/C...rojections.pdf
Thank you, keep trying
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

as a teacher going to aus under the new visa type and as someone who is in regular contact with DET, I would say I have the knowledge and interest to answer such queries.
The document you provided a link to does give indications of the teacher shortage, it doesn't go into new visa conditions and costs which make the 457 route very hard and other options more limited. I would suggest to primary teachers wishing to go to WA to look into an independent skilled visa as this is very cheap for DET and will provide more flexibility for the visa applicant.

All the best Aussie bound? Be thinking of you when the new term starts.
If you are so in touch with the DET how about some facts rather than your opinion.
Not sure what relevance the new term has on thinking about me? Very bizarre
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

the opinions I give are based on things I have experienced, been told and read, I guess these are facts. I feel facts are in short supply since so many things are up in the air, I am just very glad and feel blessed that I am still going out this June, which is when the new term starts, hence my comment about thinking about the ones that have missed out when I start this great oppertunity.

All the best, I am sure you can get lots of facts from your FB group, good source of info. If anyone wants details about the new visas etc PM me, bit too public on here.
Yes Derek you have been given a great opportunity, not sure how many of the June intake made it? But as wasn't on the boat nowt to do with me. Thus the comment about the new term as was never going to Aus this year regardless of any changes. As you should be aware be careful how you phrase things as people on your FB group thought you'd been gloating when you hadn't intended on doing so
Isn't my FB group, I'm just a member of it, you have your FB group though, wonder if it's as quiet as the main group.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

really don't think the people on fb think anyone has been gloating, we have all recieved messages of congratulations about our impending move. I guess fb is bound to be a bit quiet now since the changes have taken place. Really hope you find your way out there, you seen very keen on the Aussie life. Just keep your eyes and ears open , am sure the is something right round the corner.

I bet your snags will be on the bar b sometime soon.
Cheers derek
Hopefully some news will arrive in the near future so all of us waiting can decide what the next step is.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

Really hope so, I think every suitable person should be given the chance
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Really hope so, I think every suitable person should be given the chance
Very odd comment , I'd have said those that had the interview and had the job offer were suitable?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

ot an odd comment at all, suitability that I meant was very general, clearly it has more to do with interview etc if it was just that then no one would return to the UK etc

I really think you need to stop over thinking peoples comments, you are seeing things that are not there, all the best and maybe chill out a bit
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

ot an odd comment at all, suitability that I meant was very general, clearly it has more to do with interview etc if it was just that then no one would return to the UK etc

I really think you need to stop over thinking peoples comments, you are seeing things that are not there, all the best and maybe chill out a bit
Lots of odd comments derek, think if you wrote with a bit more clarity people wouldn't get the wrong impression as you have yourself on occasions
Old Apr 9th 2009, 9:10 am
Just Joined

upthevilla is an unknown quantity at this point

i think primary teachers should seriously look at other options for aus entry
There are no other options at present really. A 175 visa is not on CSL or MODL so won't be processed for at least a year. Mine was submitted in Sept 2008 and there is little chance of it being looked at until at least the autumn. DET WA is the route we want to take and is really our only option. No-one is sponsoring primary teachers - it's just so depressing.
The last communication I got from WA was a little more positive. Are you telling me Derek that you know something and that my optimism is misplaced?

Will
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:53 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: WA 457 When are we due an update

Children, children, let's all calm down, just read the posts between two members and it seems we all need to settle ourselves a little, afterall, it is the Easter holidays, and we're all free from our classes of little monsters! So let's lighten up a little and be a bit more supportive of each other! Everyone on here has a different story and different dramas to go through so let's stick together, rather than poke nasty comments at each other like our pupils would! *RANT OVER!*
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:56 am
Account Closed

my original comment was simply in response to the teachers that are simply waiting around for WA DET to tell them something, I don't think that is doing anyone any good. there are other options, especially if you are under 30. I was simlply suggesting , (as many people are doing) that all other options are looked into rather than waiting for the 457 to resurface.
I am afraid that someone has chosen to take any and every comment and blow it up out of proportion. as you can see Aussie bound! does have some issues with me that perhaps he shouldn't be venting on here. But its a frustrating situation and everyone handles it differently.

if you would like more info on the june 09 intakes situation i am happy to share over PM's, without breaking any confidences of course
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:00 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I have no desire to go to Aussieland on a 457, I'd rather wait the bit out and go the 175 route, no matter how long it takes. Have heard there are issues with the 457, particularly in light of rising unemployment, so it'd not be the route I'd chose, but thanks anyways, and all the best in June!

(PS I take it you have given your current school notice that you're leaving in June, I'm sure it's upsetting to leave your colleagues. I've been in my current school on a permanent contract for 5 years, and when the times comes to say goodbye I think it'll be very upsetting...)
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I have no desire to go to Aussieland on a 457, I'd rather wait the bit out and go the 175 route, no matter how long it takes. Have heard there are issues with the 457, particularly in light of rising unemployment, so it'd not be the route I'd chose, but thanks anyways, and all the best in June!

(PS I take it you have given your current school notice that you're leaving in June, I'm sure it's upsetting to leave your colleagues. I've been in my current school on a permanent contract for 5 years, and when the times comes to say goodbye I think it'll be very upsetting...)

hi jenny, i wasnt suggesting you should apply for the 457 visa, its not secret that there a few issues with it at the moment. the 175 route is good, just takes longer as you are clearly aware.
some things are worth waiting for and aus is one of them.
I think things like giving notice etc shouldn't really be discussed on a public forum.

all the best for your move
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:15 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

hi jenny, i wasnt suggesting you should apply for the 457 visa, its not secret that there a few issues with it at the moment. the 175 route is good, just takes longer as you are clearly aware.
some things are worth waiting for and aus is one of them.
I think things like giving notice etc shouldn't really be discussed on a public forum.

all the best for your move
I don't see the issue with discussing our leaving our current posts. My school are well aware that I am going through the whole process and are supporting me 100%, so it's no secret! Sorry if you took offence!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.