wa 457

Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:39 am
Just Joined

louisew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wa 457

Hi, just wondered if anybody had any insider updates?

The last I heard was that they are still taking expressions of interest but not applications until the workforce review was complete. Does any helpful soul have an idea when this might be and what the likely outcome might be?

Have just turned 40 and am panicking that it may all be a little too late for me!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:51 am
Just Joined

twins-mum 02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wa 457

Originally Posted by louisew
Hi, just wondered if anybody had any insider updates?

The last I heard was that they are still taking expressions of interest but not applications until the workforce review was complete. Does any helpful soul have an idea when this might be and what the likely outcome might be?

Have just turned 40 and am panicking that it may all be a little too late for me!
Hi, Just read a quote from a paper in Perth stating that they are at least 100 teachers down for the start of this academic year. Expressions of interest still being taken, I understand although in your position I would be tempted to go for it as the situation can change very quickly. We are still hoping for the Jan 10 deadline as have gone through interviews etc but could not manage this year.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Hi, twins-mum, and thanks for the info. I actually lodged my application mid december, just before they put the programme on hold, so hopefully, if it starts up again will not have to apply again. Is it jan 2010 you're going for?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

twins-mum 02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi LouiseW,
Yes, we were originally planning on Jan10, but then were offered this year, but simply could not manage it. Initially told July09, then possibly Jan10. We have not heard anything for a couple of weeks now....understandable given timing and the start of new year in OZ. Hoping all is well...heading out for a reccy in April (just me and hubby) to get a feel for Perth and surrounds although aware we will probably end up miles away.

Like you we were worried about getting in due to age but reassured in interview. Can only wait now and hope, although cold feet hitting at times.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

Don't worry Louisew about your young age of 40, I'm 43 and will be at least 44 when I hopefully go. Bet of luck
Alan
Old Feb 7th 2009, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Thanks both for the info and the reassurance - just hope all goes well and we all get there!

lou x