Teaching Salaries QLD

Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default Teaching Salaries QLD

Ive just been looking at the salary scales for teachers in QLD. Can anyone explain Bands 1, 2 and 3 and steps 1-4 for each. It then shows senior teachers 4 yrs trained $70+ pa. If ive over 4 years experience in the UK would I be go to Oz as a senior teacher or do you have to start back at the bottom? Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:26 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teaching Salaries QLD

Originally Posted by nbn8
Ive just been looking at the salary scales for teachers in QLD. Can anyone explain Bands 1, 2 and 3 and steps 1-4 for each. It then shows senior teachers 4 yrs trained $70+ pa. If ive over 4 years experience in the UK would I be go to Oz as a senior teacher or do you have to start back at the bottom? Thanks
I'd be interested in hearing this too...I have 9 years Primary Teaching experience and have alread crossed threshold and am in the upper payscale here in the UK....

I really don't think we'd be expected to go to the bottom of the payscale somehow though Nicky?!
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I'd be interested in hearing this too...I have 9 years Primary Teaching experience and have alread crossed threshold and am in the upper payscale here in the UK....

I really don't think we'd be expected to go to the bottom of the payscale somehow though Nicky?!
Hope not just not sure what the different bands and levels equate to.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:28 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Hope not just not sure what the different bands and levels equate to.
Hopefully someone with some first hand knowledge will let us know soon....

Not long til the end of your academic year?! Looking forward to some downtime?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Hopefully someone with some first hand knowledge will let us know soon....

Not long til the end of your academic year?! Looking forward to some downtime?
I finish next Wednesday cannot wait! You have been off for a week or so now havent you?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:08 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

I finish next Wednesday cannot wait! You have been off for a week or so now havent you?
Yup...since end of June...
Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:46 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Yup...since end of June...
But you keep yourself busy

Two and half days to go til I leave Best get the speach ready!

nbn8, if you get no reply, I'll try (bit hectic in our house at the mo) and speak to a pal in Brisbane.

Are the scales these

http://education.qld.gov.au/hr/recru...mploy-con.html

are they the same for Primary and secondary?

Cooler
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:08 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler

nbn8, if you get no reply, I'll try (bit hectic in our house at the mo) and speak to a pal in Brisbane.

Are the scales these

Cooler
You booked your ferry yet bucko?! lol
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler

Are the scales these

Cooler

Not sure if the scales are the same for primary and secondary. Are you leaving this term? When are you off to Oz and where? Im secondary ICT/Business and hoping for Brisbane/Gold Coast but guess depends on the work. You have a job dont you? Or maybe getting you confused with someone else. Good luck
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Rosewater has a brilliant futureRosewater has a brilliant futureRosewater has a brilliant futureRosewater has a brilliant futureRosewater has a brilliant futureRosewater has a brilliant future

The Queensland College of Teachers will accept UK experience in determining your payscale. However you do need to provide evidence in the form of statements of service/ references from each school you have worked with outlining your dates of employment. Easy if you have been in the same school for the whole time, more difficult if you have worked in lots of schools. They are quite fussy about these statements and they need to be originals, on school letter headed paper, clearly outlining dates of employment, sick days, job title etc.

This is something worth sorting out before you go....after moving to Australia, registering with the QCT and getting a job in Queensland my OH had a real hassle making phone calls and sending emails to the UK to chase these documents up so he could be paid correctly!
Good luck!
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rosewater
The Queensland College of Teachers will accept UK experience in determining your payscale. However you do need to provide evidence in the form of statements of service/ references from each school you have worked with outlining your dates of employment. Easy if you have been in the same school for the whole time, more difficult if you have worked in lots of schools. They are quite fussy about these statements and they need to be originals, on school letter headed paper, clearly outlining dates of employment, sick days, job title etc.

This is something worth sorting out before you go....after moving to Australia, registering with the QCT and getting a job in Queensland my OH had a real hassle making phone calls and sending emails to the UK to chase these documents up so he could be paid correctly!
Good luck!
Thanks will def get everything sorted before I go. I have been at the same school so will be easier to get statement. Has your oh managed to find perm employment or supply?
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Rosewater has a brilliant futureRosewater has a brilliant futureRosewater has a brilliant futureRosewater has a brilliant futureRosewater has a brilliant futureRosewater has a brilliant future

Hi there

Yes he was very fortunate in finding a lovely job in a private school. The thing is that we decided to settle outside of the capital and I think being in a more rural area helped him as it seems like a lot of people heading to the bigger cities have not been as fortunate with permanent jobs although seem to be getting work on supply/relief.

We've found it to be the opposite to the UK where you have a slim chance of a job in a rural area but loads of job opportunities in the big cities!

I don't know if this helped but my OH made up packs with a nicely printed CV, copies of his references and his QCT papers. He then drove around to ALL the local schools, popped in, said hello and dropped off his details saying that he would love to work in the school as a supply teacher. This is how he got his current role as one of the schools needed someone for a contract position, he took the job and has now been made permanent.

I hope it all works out for you
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rosewater
Hi there

Yes he was very fortunate in finding a lovely job in a private school. The thing is that we decided to settle outside of the capital and I think being in a more rural area helped him as it seems like a lot of people heading to the bigger cities have not been as fortunate with permanent jobs although seem to be getting work on supply/relief.

We've found it to be the opposite to the UK where you have a slim chance of a job in a rural area but loads of job opportunities in the big cities!

I don't know if this helped but my OH made up packs with a nicely printed CV, copies of his references and his QCT papers. He then drove around to ALL the local schools, popped in, said hello and dropped off his details saying that he would love to work in the school as a supply teacher. This is how he got his current role as one of the schools needed someone for a contract position, he took the job and has now been made permanent.

I hope it all works out for you
Brilliant advice thank you! Think I will def organise packs like your oh. Think we are heading towards Robina/Varsity area although may change depending on work. Ideally part time would be great but supply/anything open to anything. Where are you?