Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Teaching Physics but untrained

Teaching Physics but untrained

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all
Default Teaching Physics but untrained

At the age of 44 I think it's going to be very hard for me to gain permanent employment as a PE teacher. I have been teaching biology and physics for one lesson per week for the past 2 years. I wondered whether schools in WA would employ me as a Physics or Biology teacher without any formal training or qualifications. All sounds a little daft I appreciate but the GTC say I would be fine to teach Science in the UK because I have so much teaching experience - basically an old git!! Any thoughts please
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:54 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teaching Physics but untrained

It would be unlikely that you could teach in state schools. However, once you have registered with WACOT, you can apply for science posts in private schools. You just have to convince them that you can do the job. Good luck.