Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Teaching in Australia (Queensland) - A Silly Questions

Teaching in Australia (Queensland) - A Silly Questions

Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

simpleman is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Teaching in Australia (Queensland) - A Silly Questions

Due to my personal health issue, I really want to know:
Are teachers (e.g. ICT teacher teaching senior class 10-12) normally need to stand in the classroom for teaching most of the time?? Or can they teach while sitting on a chair??

This is probably a silly question to all of you, but it's very important to me...
Old Mar 6th 2009, 10:56 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teaching in Australia (Queensland) - A Silly Questions

You need to be constantly up and walking around the room - in Australia and anywhere else!!

Obviously when a student has a problem/question and puts their hand up you need to go to them. Then you've got off task behaviour to deal with, technical problems to fix and watch for mobile/ipod use.

It might be possible with Yrs 11 and 12 if they are a very small group and can sit in a group near you, but some classes are up to 20 students so this wouldn't be possible.