Help me escape to OZ!!

Old Mar 8th 2009, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

thespecialone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help me escape to OZ!!

Hey Guys,

I'm new on here. I want to immigrate to Australia and work as a teacher. I need some advice from someone who's done this..
I'm currently working in Seoul in a public school as a TEFL teacher so I have some experience of teaching. I enjoy my job but I need a secure teaching qualification behind me to get into OZ!! I need to get a PGCE/Australian equivalent qualification as I want to qualify and work as a business studies teacher. I have a business degree/background. Is it possible/beneficial to get this qualification distance learning from an Australian University while I'm in SEOUL? Or would I be best getting this qualification in the UK? Then moving out to OZ? I really don't fancy going back to the UK?

I'm over 30 (32) I can't get the young person's working visa for OZ. Is there another visa I could get to intially work in Australia? Like a sponsored visa?

Any advice/help greatly appreciated.

Steve
Old Mar 8th 2009, 10:25 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help me escape to OZ!!

You could look at a Student Visa, which would allow you to enter/stay in Australia and attend University to compelete a Post Graduate teaching course. I guess you have a degree?

This is a very expensive option, and it would be much cheaper to go back to the UK and complete a PGCE there.