Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Post grad in education in queensland

Post grad in education in queensland

Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Post grad in education in queensland

Hi everyone
Please bear with me if I am churning over old ground, but after much searching I am unable to find my answer.

I am coming to the end of a 3 year BA in the UK and depending upon whether we are still in the UK or Australia, need to look into a post grad qualification. I am aware that I have to do a Primary PGCE here, but if I were to come and do the post grad in Oz how much would this be likely to cost me? (Bearing in mind that I will have PR at this point as we are applying for a 175 on my husbands skill).
Many Thanks
Old Oct 17th 2009, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post grad in education in queensland

Hi,
The graduate diploma course here, you will have to pay fees up front at the start of the course. You can not get help with your fees until you are a citizen.

So say the course costs $5000 per year you will have to pay $2500 in January and $2500 in July. No other help available until a citizen.

Not sure of the exact cost of graduate diploma, but the graduate diploma here also requires certain course content for your degree. You may need to check with individual Unis if you qualify for the course.

Also they do accept the Open University (UK) post graduate in education. If thats any help.

Hubby is UK trained and he thinks the UK courses are better (has had student in his class recently).

But its really up to you when your coming to Australia and if you can afford the fees up front.

Gems.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Gems....

I just can't seem to find out the cost and no amount of e-mails to the Uni's are helping me discover it.

Let's just say I had a bit of a shock when I realised how expensive the PGCE was in the UK - wanted a comparison with Oz.

I have been told provisionally (depending on interview and other applicants) that I am eligible and 'should' get a place but no-one is forthcoming with cost.

To be honest, the cost won't stop us coming as I can possibly work around it in other ways but I would rather find out the price now and save myself the shock later!

Many Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
If you check out the open universities this will give you idea of the fees.
Click on each unit and it will tell you the price. Although Ive heard Open Universities can be a tiny bit more expensive than doing it through the university. So it may be a little cheaper.

Fees for the graduate diploma in Primary were $1120 per unit, and few units for $1700. Total of 6 units in the first year and think same second year.
* This is if you have PR visa, not a temp visa the fees are more as your classed as international. Again these are on the website.

Anyway these fees are what they charge to give you rough estimate. But going directly with a Uni the fees may be slightly cheaper.

Take a look here, and click on the course your interested in. Then click on each unit for the price as PR visa or International.

https://www.open.edu.au/wps/portal/!...T.ti=education

Good Luck
Gems
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

PS, Open Universities has several times of the year you can start a course. So dont need to wait until Feb.

Gems