Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Less than 'full' transcripts acceptable for Australian recognition?

Less than 'full' transcripts acceptable for Australian recognition?

Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

chequer is on a distinguished road
Default Less than 'full' transcripts acceptable for Australian recognition?

I'm struggling to get all the detail on my PGCE transcript that they mention in all the Queensland paperwork.

It just says:

Teaching Assessment
Course Work
Dissertation

No marks, no timescales, nothing!

Will I be blown out of the water do you think? Has anyone had any experience with less than full transcripts like this?

Also, I trained in KS2 only (7-12) but have only actually taught that age range full time for the first three years. I've got 10+ years teaching in KS1 since then. Do you think I'll have any problems with the qualification vs experience difference?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

GracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really nice
Default Re: Less than 'full' transcripts acceptable for Australian recognition?

My husband is having his skills assessed by Teaching Australia at the mo' and they just sent him an email asking him for his transcripts from his PGCE. He's in the same boat as you as there were no transcripts at all. In their email they also say that a letter from the uni with subjects studied and length of teaching practice would be an alternative. He's asking the PGCE director to write a letter for him.

HTH
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

We cot a copy of the relevant pages from the prospectus and the PCGE and Induction standards and sent them off.

Seemed to be fine- we got our satisfactory assessments last month!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

chequer is on a distinguished road

Phew, I feel much better now!

The university has offered to send a photocopy of the course structure so it sounds as if that is going to do it after all.

Thanks for that.