how to apply

Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

colinkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to apply

hi everyone
after some help spoke to a agent this morining but still none the wiser on what to do hope you can help
firstly agent said i have not enough exp as i have only been teaching for 6 months said to wait until jan 10 until i have 12 months exp this I UNDERSTAND the rest well ?????????
the agent said it is taking 12-18 months for application
but can i have my skills assesed for migration now Think its done by teach austraila is this RIGHT and this should take of around 2 months of app time ??
also it there anything else i could do which would save time while i waiting until jan10
and where does secondary teacher come on the lists find some sources that say its on the CSL list but states dont seem to have it on there sponsored occups ??
any help or advice would be very helpfull
many thanks Karen
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default Re: how to apply

Originally Posted by colinkaren
hi everyone
after some help spoke to a agent this morining but still none the wiser on what to do hope you can help
firstly agent said i have not enough exp as i have only been teaching for 6 months said to wait until jan 10 until i have 12 months exp this I UNDERSTAND the rest well ?????????
the agent said it is taking 12-18 months for application
but can i have my skills assesed for migration now Think its done by teach austraila is this RIGHT and this should take of around 2 months of app time ??
also it there anything else i could do which would save time while i waiting until jan10
and where does secondary teacher come on the lists find some sources that say its on the CSL list but states dont seem to have it on there sponsored occups ??
any help or advice would be very helpfull
many thanks Karen

Karen

Skills assessment is carried out by Teaching Australia, I could be wrong but I think that they also will require you to have work experience - worth having a look at their website my skills assessment took just under two months to come back.

Secondary teachers are currently on the CSL list but like everything at the moment this could change. I have looked at some states and secondary teaching does not seem to be one of the sponsored occupations.

Any questions feel free to PM me. Nicky
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: how to apply

You don't need the 12 months experience for the skills assessment, this is a common misconception- you just get your qualifications assessed not your work experience.

The sponsorship lists and the CSL are changed fairly regularly, you'll just have to look at the lists when you're ready to apply and maybe hold fire for a few months if you can't get sponsorship immediately. Have you looked into doing ITELS?