Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Help for Teacher Registration in Australia

Help for Teacher Registration in Australia

Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:49 am
Just Joined

tashahilt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help for Teacher Registration in Australia

Hi I am a 31 year old experienced teacher from the UK. I am currently in Australia on a working Holiday Visa. I would like to teach here for the remainder of my time in Oz. I have managed to find teacher registration forms for NSW and have completed the form. Can anyone advise me on any organisations, websites that will help me complete the rest of this process? Completion of Phrohibited Employment Declaration Form, Consent to Employment Screening Form etc? Or any other advice on setting up as a teacher in Australia? Who counts as a justice of the peace and where do I find them? It just seems so much effort to complete will it be worth it?

Many thanks Tasha x

Last edited by tashahilt; Feb 10th 2009 at 7:52 am.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

hanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Help for Teacher Registration in Australia

Hi,

I have just got my PR visa and have been sent this link to guide me in what I need to do to teach in NSW. I haven't looked at it fully but may give you some ideas of what you need to do.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/a-z.htm

Sorry don't know why it hasn't acted as a link!?

Hope it helps

Hannah
Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:06 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tashahilt
Who counts as a justice of the peace and where do I find them? It just seems so much effort to complete will it be worth it?

Many thanks Tasha x
You will find that many shopping centres have JPs vist a couple of times a week and set up a desk to certify documents etc. It's free of charge. There's usually a notice up giving details of when they will be there, but failing that, ask at the information/help desk. The other alternative is the local court house, here in Cairns, there are JPs available every morning.

Unlike the UK, there are heaps of JPs here, so you could just ask around if anyone knows one that could help you.

I can't help with the teaching queries but wish you all the best.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 2:40 am
Just Joined

tashahilt is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both so much! x x
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:50 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hanwilt
Hi,

I have just got my PR visa and have been sent this link to guide me in what I need to do to teach in NSW. I haven't looked at it fully but may give you some ideas of what you need to do.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/a-z.htm

Sorry don't know why it hasn't acted as a link!?

Hope it helps

Hannah
Hi, was it a GSM 175 visa that you've been issued with? If you don't mind me asking, are you Primary or Secondary?