Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Degree Transcripts Question...

Degree Transcripts Question...

Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future
Default Degree Transcripts Question...

I'm getting all my paperwork together ready and on the list of paperwork needed it says 'University transcript' I know this is going to sound stupid but I want to make sure it is what I think it is...

But by 'transript' does it mean the pieces of paper (mines 4x A4 sides, 2 sheets) sent out to you 'Notification of results' where they state the module names, module codes, credit points, weight and mark - Then at the end it says stage 1,2 and 3 (one for each year) the total credits gained for each and the final marks for each along with the overall degree mark???

My module list just says things like:
ISYS201, Information System Development, 20 credit points, 88% pass <---- Notice I wrote down the one with my best grade but it doesn't say what each module is in detail just the title - Is this ok?

I'm now going to hide in the 'stupid' corner and wait for some answers
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

leeh36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Degree Transcripts Question...

yes, thats exactly what they want
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future

Thank you
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Lara_jane is an unknown quantity at this point

I never got one of them. Do I need the one from my first degree as well?
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:30 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Degree Transcripts Question...

I have been informed that I cannot get transcripts for my degree as they only keep them for 7 years My PGCE ones are in the post to me. Will there be a problem about my degree scripts...

Cooler
Old Feb 25th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
we had this problem. Degree was years ago and so none available, but we got the PGCE one.

What we had to do was get the University to write a letter on letterheaded paper,signed,dated and stamped.

This must say your name and that you did pass your course and what year.
Also that at the time of the degreee they did not have transcipts (with us they also said no module list existed). Therefore no detailed trancript can be provided.

We provided this and it was accepted. You must get this letter if you can not get transcript. Do this and you will be fine.

GEMS
ps, keep this letter very safe for future use as they are obsessed with transcripts here!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:11 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Gems, will follow your advice

Coolerking
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Lara_jane is an unknown quantity at this point

St mary's wanted £10 & written consent. rang Portsmouth up today, and it looks like it will be free. Hurray! Fingers crossed that this is the last bit that I have to gather before I send everything off to be assessed. Although just had a thought that I won't have my pcc, will a very recent (waiting for it to come through any day) enhanced CRB check be ok instead?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lara_jane
St mary's wanted £10 & written consent. rang Portsmouth up today, and it looks like it will be free. Hurray! Fingers crossed that this is the last bit that I have to gather before I send everything off to be assessed. Although just had a thought that I won't have my pcc, will a very recent (waiting for it to come through any day) enhanced CRB check be ok instead?
What is it for? For visas they insist on a PCC, for registering with education departments you might be ok with a CRB but would need to check with the individual state department,
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
Hello,
we had this problem. Degree was years ago and so none available, but we got the PGCE one.

What we had to do was get the University to write a letter on letterheaded paper,signed,dated and stamped.

Also that at the time of the degreee they did not have transcipts (with us they also said no module list existed). Therefore no detailed trancript can be provided.

We provided this and it was accepted. You must get this letter if you can not get transcript. Do this and you will be fine.

GEMS
ps, keep this letter very safe for future use as they are obsessed with transcripts here!
Great info thank you
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

blackjack041 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Degree Transcripts Question...

Originally Posted by Gems
Hello,

GEMS
Hello,

Was the University Letter used for registering with a state DET (WA for example) or assessment with Teaching Australia? I have one transcript out of the 3 year degree, with a whole list of pre-credited subjects. I'm not sure the transcript I have contains all of the information required.

cheers

Pete.