Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Evidence of previous employment for teachingOZ

Evidence of previous employment for teachingOZ

Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

blackjack041 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Evidence of previous employment for teachingOZ

hello,

I'm still collecting evidence for teaching australia assessment (didn't realise it would take this long) and I am trying to locate evidence from my previous employment prior to teaching. Unfortunately I cannot find my original statement of contract (from 1997).

Does anyone know if I can use inland revenue statements / series of wage slips etc as evidence?

any help appreciated thanks !

Pete.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Evidence of previous employment for teachingOZ

Originally Posted by blackjack041
hello,

I'm still collecting evidence for teaching australia assessment (didn't realise it would take this long) and I am trying to locate evidence from my previous employment prior to teaching. Unfortunately I cannot find my original statement of contract (from 1997).

Does anyone know if I can use inland revenue statements / series of wage slips etc as evidence?

any help appreciated thanks !

Pete.
If you do a stat dec and include wage slips etc then that should be enough proof for teaching australia. If it's not teaching expereince they won't be overly iterested in it i wouldn't have though.

If you can, also get a letter from your old employer stating that you worked there and what your duties were.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

blackjack041 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Evidence of previous employment for teachingOZ

Originally Posted by hereshoping
If you do a stat dec and include wage slips etc then that should be enough proof for teaching australia. If it's not teaching expereince they won't be overly iterested in it i wouldn't have though.

If you can, also get a letter from your old employer stating that you worked there and what your duties were.
lol... I found my original contract over the weekend!

I've also just received this email from teaching australia - so reassuring!

Good morning

Please submit employment references that are directly related to your employment as a qualified teacher. Please do not submit payslips.

Kind regards

Kristy Dodd

Skills Assessment Unit

Teaching Australia – Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership Ltd.
cheers for your post!!

Last edited by blackjack041; Mar 31st 2008 at 8:27 pm.