Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Curriculum Framework in the UK?

Curriculum Framework in the UK?

Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:21 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Curriculum Framework in the UK?

I'm training in Perth and we work to the Curriculum Framwork/Guides/Statements.

Is there anything like this for the UK? If so, how do I get hold of it?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Curriculum Framework in the UK?

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I'm training in Perth and we work to the Curriculum Framwork/Guides/Statements.

Is there anything like this for the UK? If so, how do I get hold of it?
Oh yes there's a library full of them.Just as you think you've got to grips with one,a new one comes along.Been teaching 17 years now and the phrase reinventing the wheel springs to mind.What is good practise one day becomes bad practise the next.
Don't think you could order them as you'd need a lorry to deliver them!However if you type in National curriculum HMSO, or www.qca.org.uk ,this will get you started.
Good luck
Nick
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

The whole of the national curriculum is here
http://www.ncaction.org.uk/

You'll see that in the U.K. children are assessed regularly on their level (this is not related to the year that they are in at school)

You'll be expected to level pupils work against the requirements in the attainment targets.

Hope this helps
PM if you need more advice. I am currently doing the opposite having just arrived in SA and am trying to get my head around the Aussie system! LOL
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
The whole of the national curriculum is here
http://www.ncaction.org.uk/

You'll see that in the U.K. children are assessed regularly on their level (this is not related to the year that they are in at school)

You'll be expected to level pupils work against the requirements in the attainment targets.

Hope this helps
PM if you need more advice. I am currently doing the opposite having just arrived in SA and am trying to get my head around the Aussie system! LOL
hello

me too SACAs virgin. was shown it by the head and thats it...had to find the rest out myself through website etc. Ive got a class of 10 ( oh i can hear you saying easy....! ) but ages from R-yr7. Principal was as much use as chocolate teapot.

Seem to spend my evenings planning, mmm now where have i done that before.

still you have to laugh or id go mad!

regards
lolly
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

LOL where are you? NT?
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
LOL where are you? NT?
not sure whether you are asking me.. but if you are Im in Yunta.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:54 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lollyno1
not sure whether you are asking me.. but if you are Im in Yunta.
How are you finding things there Lolly? Is it shaping up ok? I'd be interested to hear about how you are getting on...

S
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
How are you finding things there Lolly? Is it shaping up ok? I'd be interested to hear about how you are getting on...

S
hi

not going tooooooo well ive put a thread on here last week or so. Principal had his own problems so was left to god and providence really, finding my way round the SACA, although I only have 10 children I have five year groups. Sol thats 5 programmes to write etc. Felt I was chasing my tail. Every night has been spent planning, trying to write an overview etc etc etc.

Then the shite hit the fan. the first principal has been shipped out, a PRT has come in, he wants to help but I feel as if im back at the beginning again. We have begun to try and find out just what levels the students are at and up to now have done spelling and apart from two students the others are at least two years behind And trying to sort out a timetable.... I have reception and there is just no equpment for structured play. Poor soul,

Still Im trying my best but not sure its good enough, I set myself high standards and feel Im not achieving them.

Im jjust taking a day at a time, but think i might be out of here by easter, its doing my head in. Plus Im putting the new principal up at the house...never lived with a bloke before.. NOW I know why!

other than that im fine, i think, the people are really nice, the place is very very quite...but i dont mind that.

regards

lolly