Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

chances of becoming a teachers aide ?

chances of becoming a teachers aide ?

Old Nov 25th 2006, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice
Default chances of becoming a teachers aide ?

Does anyone know the best way to get into a school as a T/A ? I was a qualified classroom assistant in the UK, although never worked as one.
My eldest starts prep 2008 & I really need to have a school hours job by then.
You never see TA jobs advertised though, is it all word of mouth?
Any advice welcome
Old Nov 25th 2006, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: chances of becoming a teachers aide ?

Originally Posted by woogle
Does anyone know the best way to get into a school as a T/A ? I was a qualified classroom assistant in the UK, although never worked as one.
My eldest starts prep 2008 & I really need to have a school hours job by then.
You never see TA jobs advertised though, is it all word of mouth?
Any advice welcome

You usually start out by it as a volunteer, usually while doing the tafe course, which you with quals may not need to do or get some credits towards, you would have to look into that.

Then when positions come up, not a lot of them tho, only the pre schools have a TA or classes where severe special needs kids are placed, but there are also usually a couple attached to the office. Most schools its who you know although there is all the official job process, obviously the people who have done the volunteer duties have brownie points. One thing to be aware of, usually none of these jobs are set hours, its on call, a friend of mine does it and shes actually moved house to opposite the 2 schools she works for because the work is casual / 'on call', bit of chaos with 3 kids and suddenly the phone rings at 8.20 for a days work .
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice
Default Re: chances of becoming a teachers aide ?

thanks for that. Its a bit difficult for me to voluateer,as he's not actually at the school yet & at the moment he goes to kindy 3 days, whilst I work, then obviously I have him at home the other 2 days.