Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Career to emigrate with...

Career to emigrate with...

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

dee6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Career to emigrate with...

I am at a career crossroads and I will begin re-training in Sept with a view to emigrate to OZ with my new qualification . I have three choices , can anyone tell me which would be my best bet to get me into OZ on pref. a perm Visa -?
Primary Teaching, Occupational therapy or Social work ??
If there are other careers that could be suggested that I haven't listed in these type of professions maybe Nursery Nurse/montessori teaching please let me know desperate to emigrate after living in OZ for a year and NZ for 2 years.
Used to be a PA in a bank and I don't believe I can do it with this background and I am now a teaching assistant in a primary school until I start Uni in Sept.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:44 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Career to emigrate with...

HI dee,

You seem to have posted the same thing in multiple country forums. Where exactly are you hoping to emigrate to?

Sue
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:35 am
Just Joined

dee6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking at my options in various countries. I am looking to retrain and looking for the career that gives me the best options for living outside the UK. I have posted the same post in each country I am interested in and then hopefully can collate the answers and decided which degree will give me the best options for living abroad.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dee6
I am at a career crossroads and I will begin re-training in Sept with a view to emigrate to OZ with my new qualification . I have three choices , can anyone tell me which would be my best bet to get me into OZ on pref. a perm Visa -?
Primary Teaching, Occupational therapy or Social work ??
If there are other careers that could be suggested that I haven't listed in these type of professions maybe Nursery Nurse/montessori teaching please let me know desperate to emigrate after living in OZ for a year and NZ for 2 years.
Used to be a PA in a bank and I don't believe I can do it with this background and I am now a teaching assistant in a primary school until I start Uni in Sept.
OT's are in demand just about everywhere.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:13 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Personally, I think you really need to have a long hard think about what you want to do! You appear desperate to leave the UK, and don't really care where you end up - this is a recipe for disaster! How do you know where you are going is any better? Most people who move abroad choose where they want to move to after lots of research, and then work towards getting there!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:21 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dee6
I am looking at my options in various countries. I am looking to retrain and looking for the career that gives me the best options for living outside the UK. I have posted the same post in each country I am interested in and then hopefully can collate the answers and decided which degree will give me the best options for living abroad.
Okay, I see. No probs with that, but just a little pointer, it's not seen as good forum etiquette to multi-post the same post all over the forums. Generally if one does that other members may wonder if you are genuine, or not. So the best thing would be to narrow it down to your main choices.

Anyway the best of luck with your job search and welcome to the site.

Sue
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kar-kier
How do you know where you are going is any better? !
Because it's Australia or where ever and isn't the UK lol.

Can't say it's better for us, just very different oh and very HOT as well
Old May 4th 2010, 9:04 am
Just Joined

lee08 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm kind of in the same boat..

I went to Aus on a working holiday visa several years ago and really enjoyed it, but my visa expired and i had to come home. Did different things after that, and then went to Japan. I'm still here in Japan but really want to go back to Aus again and not the UK.

I'm also looking at primary school teaching too (i'm teaching in Japan now).
Old May 23rd 2010, 12:14 pm
Heading to WA

roamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really nice

Teaching and social work are intense jobs - too much so to be in them just for a visa. They are not jobs you can do if you're not really, really into them.

Kids deserve to have a teacher in front of them who wants to teach or a social worker helping them who wants to do it.
Old May 23rd 2010, 10:31 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee08
I'm kind of in the same boat..

I went to Aus on a working holiday visa several years ago and really enjoyed it, but my visa expired and i had to come home. Did different things after that, and then went to Japan. I'm still here in Japan but really want to go back to Aus again and not the UK.

I'm also looking at primary school teaching too (i'm teaching in Japan now).
Primary Teaching is now off the new SOL so a rethink might be in order...