Advice Needed

Old Jul 21st 2009, 11:35 am
Just Joined

kenny76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice Needed

Hi Guys,

Me and my wife are thinking of moving to Australia on my wife's education basis.

About my wife:

She is a Bachelor in computer applications and a MBA with specialization in HR but she worked as a pre-primary teacher after getting a Montessori diploma for last 3 years. I just found out that her diploma won't be recognised in australia and she needs a Bachelor degree in education (B.ed) to be eligible for PR.

My question is

1. Is pre quallification experience is counted when applying for PR? as she is planning to complete B.ed next year

Her real sister is a Oz citizen, will that help in any other way apart from getting 15 points?

Thanks for looking at the post.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 11:58 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Needed

Originally Posted by kenny76
Hi Guys,

Me and my wife are thinking of moving to Australia on my wife's education basis.

About my wife:

She is a Bachelor in computer applications and a MBA with specialization in HR but she worked as a pre-primary teacher after getting a Montessori diploma for last 3 years. I just found out that her diploma won't be recognised in australia and she needs a Bachelor degree in education (B.ed) to be eligible for PR.

My question is

1. Is pre quallification experience is counted when applying for PR? as she is planning to complete B.ed next year

Her real sister is a Oz citizen, will that help in any other way apart from getting 15 points?

Thanks for looking at the post.
Is she in the process of doing her 4 year BEd?
Old Jul 21st 2009, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Is she in the process of doing her 4 year BEd?
No Jen1977ni,

She bave to do a 1 year B.ed course as she already have a Bachelor in computer applications. (B.C.A). She will be completing in June next year.

Kenny
Old Jul 21st 2009, 12:43 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kenny76
No Jen1977ni,

She bave to do a 1 year B.ed course as she already have a Bachelor in computer applications. (B.C.A). She will be completing in June next year.

Kenny
Oh so she'll be doing a PGCE then...
Old Jul 21st 2009, 12:47 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

I don't think pre-qualification experience can be taken into consideration for the GSM visa....but I can't be sure, might be better to phone an agent for clarification and/or read booklet 6 on the www.immi.gov.au site....
Old Jul 21st 2009, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Oh so she'll be doing a PGCE then...
Yes

I don't think pre-qualification experience can be taken into consideration for the GSM visa....but I can't be sure, might be better to phone an agent for clarification and/or read booklet 6 on the www.immi.gov.au site....
Oh

So looks like we have to opt for costly "Study in Oz " route because till she completes 3 years after her PGCE she will be over 35

Thanks for the advice Jeni.

-Kenny
Old Jul 21st 2009, 1:09 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

As far as I am aware the pre-qualification experience will not count, as in the eyes of Australia, she was not qualified. As Jen said, she must be doing a PGCE - a BEd is a 4 year course! She will also need a few years experience under her belt before she can apply for a skilled migrant visa, or you would need to look down the line of state sponsorship. Furthermore, primary teaching isn't on the CSL so may have a long wait . . . isn't that right Jen!! (still got my fingers crossed you'll be here for my 1st year anniversary!)
Old Jul 21st 2009, 1:18 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by kar-kier
As far as I am aware the pre-qualification experience will not count, as in the eyes of Australia, she was not qualified. As Jen said, she must be doing a PGCE - a BEd is a 4 year course! She will also need a few years experience under her belt before she can apply for a skilled migrant visa, or you would need to look down the line of state sponsorship. Furthermore, primary teaching isn't on the CSL so may have a long wait . . . isn't that right Jen!! (still got my fingers crossed you'll be here for my 1st year anniversary!)
Tee hee yeshums that is right....

It's 2.17pm here and I'm still in my jammies, I think I'm in training for the dole queue as opposed to being on my summer holibobs! I'm away for a shower....lol
Old Jul 21st 2009, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Tee hee yeshums that is right....

It's 2.17pm here and I'm still in my jammies, I think I'm in training for the dole queue as opposed to being on my summer holibobs! I'm away for a shower....lol
I just typed my msg three times but its not coming ..

Just called one agent and according to her she will be eligible. Will be visiting the agent on coming Sat to have a detailed chat. Lets see whats the outcome.

Otherwise we have to choose costly "Study in Oz" route but with a 5 year old daughter and current economic conditions thats not going to be easy.

Thanks for your advice guys.

Kenny