Advice needed!!

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Emmab13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed!!

Hi me and my husband are looking at starting our visa application this June with the hope to move out to oz summer 2010, we are going to apply for GSM visa, we have done the points test online and have enough points with my husband being the primary applicant as he is a secondary school teacher of PE, however there doesnt seem to be many jobs about, does anyone know any good teacher job websites?
Also I am a nursery nurse with NVQ3 and by next year I will have a foundation degree in early childhood studies, have looked around lots of websites but still dont really know what kind of jobs i could apply for and if i need to change my qualifications over?
Would i be able to do my top up degree in oz aswell?
Sorry for all the questions but dont really know where to start!!
Thanks
Emma
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice needed!!

Originally Posted by Emmab13
Hi me and my husband are looking at starting our visa application this June with the hope to move out to oz summer 2010, we are going to apply for GSM visa, we have done the points test online and have enough points with my husband being the primary applicant as he is a secondary school teacher of PE, however there doesnt seem to be many jobs about, does anyone know any good teacher job websites?
Also I am a nursery nurse with NVQ3 and by next year I will have a foundation degree in early childhood studies, have looked around lots of websites but still dont really know what kind of jobs i could apply for and if i need to change my qualifications over?
Thanks
Emma
Hi Emma

I cannot answer all of your questions but try www.smartteachers.com for teaching positions in OZ. Hope this helps Nicky
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
Emma
www.seek.com.au is a good website for private school jobs, as for state schools it's normally on a central website for each state- where are you looking to move to?

In terms of your visa I'd have a really good read of the immigration forum of this website. The general skilled applications are not being processed at the moment, they are only looking at ones where people have jobs on the Critical Skills List or are sponsored by an employer of a state. After that they will look at those on MODL and only after than will they look at any other. Unless your husband can get state sponsorship you won't be in Oz for July 2010 if the situation stays as it is. Sorry for the bad news.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Hi

My occupation is on the CSL list as a Secondary teacher and Ive applied through 175 I thought these are currently being processed if so, your oh could apply as the main applicant as a secondary teacher.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Emmab13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for you help, we are looking to move to queensland, but will look at wherever the jobs are
My husband teachers PE, are these on the list aswell do you know?
Emma x
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Emma

I believe that if his formal qualifications are for secondary teaching then it should be okay with teaching Australia and currently secondary teaching is on the CSL list. So you should hopefully be okay. We are also hoping to go to the Gold Coast/ Brisbane area of QLD. Nicky
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:52 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for you help, we are looking to move to queensland, but will look at wherever the jobs are
My husband teachers PE, are these on the list aswell do you know?
Emma x
As nbn8 says, as long as your OH can pass the assessment for Teaching Australia and get enough points for then you should be ok. PE friend of mine was told that he'd have to train to teach Health Ed in state schools in QLD - £1000 for four weeks. He's gone to WA teaching in a private school and really enjoying it.

Cooler
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nbn8
Hi

My occupation is on the CSL list as a Secondary teacher and Ive applied through 175 I thought these are currently being processed if so, your oh could apply as the main applicant as a secondary teacher.
Let's just all keep our fingers crossed it stays on the the CSL.

Last edited by hereshoping; Apr 9th 2009 at 3:17 am. Reason: I made a mistake
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

I agree please stay on the CSL!!!