Advice needed!

Old Dec 29th 2006, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Tig77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed!

Hi, five years ago I was travelling abroad and found myself teaching English in South Korea. I absolutely loved it and took to it like a duck to water. Since being back in the UK I have failed to find anything that interests or challenges me like teaching did. I've gone from job to job that have no career progression. I hate to feel like I'm just not fitting into life back here but the truth is, the only thing I am any good at is teaching efl (and I don't want to teach in England, the kids are pretty awful and the system favours the kids over the teachers, my mum is one). I honestly don't know whether to 'jack it all in' again and feel like I've failed by going abroad again, or do I stay and stick it out in the current job I'm in? Any opinions/comments greatly appreciated.
PS I left Korea due to family circumstances nothing to do with Korea or teaching.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 8:20 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Advice needed!

Are you going to eventually end up happy in the job you are in, or are you always going to be pining for teaching? If it's the latter then I think the sooner you get into teaching, the better. Perhaps, if you've got family circumstances keeping you in England you could spend a wee while there getting professional quals/upgrading your existing ones? (seeing as study will be cheaper in your home country?)

Good luck with whatever you decide! It's tough being at the crossroads and not knowing where it's going to get you!