457 Update

Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default 457 Update

Hi,
I have had contact from DET.

Their is some confusion between the teachers. Sue at no time said the 457 programme is cancelled.

The 457 has delays with placements.

They have not had huge amount of retiries they expected due to pension funds drop etc.
Also more return teachers etc.

Therefore, they simply do not have the vacancies they were expecting. So they can not put everyone in July if they dont have a job to go too.
Thus some delays will happen with regard to when teachers arrive.

** A delay not a cancellation.

Teachers circumstances will be looked at individualy and prioritise.
Although this can not be done in 24hours, nor can Sue ring everyone as at least 100 teachers to contact.

DET are doing all they can to place teachers as soon as available.

However as of today they can not give out exact dates, as they are busy working this all out.

Those already here, do not worry ENS is still going ahead and your job is safe.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion.

The 457 scheme will continue to run for the forseable future. Just a few delays.

Gems
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 Update

Just bumping this.

Gems
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:03 am
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough

HI ya guys this is the email i received today regarding applications/expressions of interests. So it doesnt sound good, but mainly for teachers who have not had an interview yet- like me!!! So everyone else will be first on the list and should probably not worry.

I refer to your application to teach in Western Australian government schools.

Unfortunately, the current global economic crisis has impacted on the Department’s ability to employ more teachers, as the level of vacancies that were predicted some months ago have not occurred, and staff have postponed their retirement or separation intentions. As a consequence, the Department has decided to suspend the Visa 457 sponsorship program.

However your file will remain open, and should the situation change in the future, I will contact you again.

The Department of Education and Training of Western Australia thank you for your interest in teaching in rural government schools.

OH well, i better work my ass off when i get to perth to secure sponsorship in a school instead!!! :curse:
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

I was told they will not be recruiting in 2009, however will be recruiting again in the future. So maybe next year.

Gems
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

bumping to make sure everyone stressing can read