457 October Interviews

Old Oct 26th 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 October Interviews

Originally Posted by roamer25
Chocs and Aus_bound,
I understand you are terribly excited about the application but whether intended or not you were both quite rude. Remember online you have to write much more carefully to create the right sort of tone, especially with people you don't know.
Sorry roamer, but my wife is very capable of writing her own posts and does so. You seem to assume I'm sat here posting with her, just to assure you doesn't happen.
Tone was light hearted, I failed to see what was to be taken as rude? Maybe you need to not over read into things, as is an iternet forum and yes is for information, but can't be a serious tone in every post.
For my posts I honestly couldn't believe your reply to her! Nice welcome to BE for her!
But all water under the bridge now.
I wish you well on your way to Aus
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

The visa is very quick, the education department told us when we applied if it was too slow they have some clout in pushing it through on time.
Think ours took 3 or 4 weeks in total (but didnt have medicals done before hand as educ sponsorship scheme was very fast then).

Yes, its very stressful doing your visa and moving to the other side of the world. But hey lets keep it friendly on here

Gems
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone who has had their interview heard yet??? Nail biting time here!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point

had mine last week, nothing to bite nails over, the interview team go out of their way to relax you and make it seem like your having a conversation. they certainly got the best answers out of me simply cos i felt i could be open and honest
Old Oct 28th 2008, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Briar
Has anyone who has had their interview heard yet??? Nail biting time here!
Think we'll all be hearing next month once the team are back in WA. Hopefully the closing line of "we look forward to seeing you and your family in Australia" was a sign (fingers crossed)
Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Det have asked me to inform you,that they are having problems with candidates who use Yahoo email address.

They are finding their emails are being bounced back, classed as spam, or no reply etc. So anyone with Yahoo email address you many not get your replies.
Det has asked if you can consider changing to Google or Hotmail, so they can send replies etc.

If you are awaiting news, please check spam and if no replies change to google,hotmail etc and inform DET of new email address.

Thanks
Gems
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Chocs away has a spectacular aura aboutChocs away has a spectacular aura aboutChocs away has a spectacular aura about

Thanks gems My email is google so should be ok. Doesn't make waiting any easier though why can't we have everything now!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

upthevilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

This thread appears to have gone very cold. I had an interview in Coventry on October 13th. We have a 175 visa already lodged and they have already confirmed that using our 175 visa would not be a problem - the subsidised housing and the job would still be offered, we would just be coming with our own visa. They also interviewed my wife when they found out she s also a teacher and we got very positive vibes at the time. It has now been 4 weeks though and we have heard nothing from DET WA. Just wondered if anyone else who was interviewed in Oct has heard back yet, especially if you are primary for 2010.

Everything crossed,

Will
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by upthevilla
Hi,

This thread appears to have gone very cold. I had an interview in Coventry on October 13th. We have a 175 visa already lodged and they have already confirmed that using our 175 visa would not be a problem - the subsidised housing and the job would still be offered, we would just be coming with our own visa. They also interviewed my wife when they found out she s also a teacher and we got very positive vibes at the time. It has now been 4 weeks though and we have heard nothing from DET WA. Just wondered if anyone else who was interviewed in Oct has heard back yet, especially if you are primary for 2010.

Everything crossed,

Will
Think most who were successful have already heard and we've been told how many posts there are in jan 2010.
Is your paperwork all complete? That may be causing a delay Would contact them if I were you.
My OH's interview was a week after yours and we knew in about 2 weeks. Not heard from anyone who was unsuccessful.

Last edited by Australia_bound?; Nov 10th 2008 at 10:45 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

You need to contact them as they appear to be incredibly efficient and quick if you have done the paperwork before the interview. My referees are holding up my application apparently, but I have colleagues who have heard straight away. Good Luck.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

clairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really nice

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Think most who were successful have already heard and we've been told how many posts there are in jan 2010.
Is your paperwork all complete? That may be causing a delay Would contact them if I were you.
My OH's interview was a week after yours and we knew in about 2 weeks. Not heard from anyone who was unsuccessful.
So how many posts are there for 2010??? I have only just begun the process of applying and I am now worried that all posts have already been filled!!!
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point

there is a masive massive demand for 2010, am sure there will be placements availible still.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by derekgoforth
there is a masive massive demand for 2010, am sure there will be placements availible still.
The intakes are up to 60 at a time as far as I know. We're one of the Jan 2010 intake. I understand that they do 2 intakes per year.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

clairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really nice

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
The intakes are up to 60 at a time as far as I know. We're one of the Jan 2010 intake. I understand that they do 2 intakes per year.
120 in a year...thats not many then!!!! Aaaarghh, now I am a bit more worried! Hope my Uni get their finger out and get my transcripts (or should I say the letter saying that they no longer have my transcripts) to me.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

louisew is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I know, if they no longer have transcripts for you, you can get a statement of achievement/attendance instead - can't remember where i read this though so maybe somebody more knowledgable will be able to say if i'm right or not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.