Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

You're never too old!

You're never too old!

Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default You're never too old!

Sky News is reporting this morning that a 102 year old lady has emigrated to NZ following the closure of her nursing home.

Good luck to her I say.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:18 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You're never too old!

Originally Posted by stuboy
Sky News is reporting this morning that a 102 year old lady has emigrated to NZ following the closure of her nursing home.

Good luck to her I say.
Amazing, what fortitude, good luck to her.

Rosemary
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:57 am
Spanish, 40

evamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to behold

TBH I'm actually more surprised about NZ accepting this lady than her wanting to emigrate there. I guess that either she has family there or a VERY comfortable economic situation.

Speaking simply from the practical point of view of the country, of course; I commend this lady's strength and love of life. I wouldn't mind getting to that age if I'm lucid and strong.

Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evamar
TBH I'm actually more surprised about NZ accepting this lady than her wanting to emigrate there. I guess that either she has family there or a VERY comfortable economic situation.

Speaking simply from the practical point of view of the country, of course; I commend this lady's strength and love of life. I wouldn't mind getting to that age if I'm lucid and strong.

She has family there, NZ have given her a 3 year visa, she won't cost the NZ government anything.

I wonder if she would have preferred to stay put if the nursing home hadn't closed
Old Nov 28th 2011, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy
She has family there, NZ have given her a 3 year visa, she won't cost the NZ government anything.

I wonder if she would have preferred to stay put if the nursing home hadn't closed
If she's got the b*11s to do what she's done, it's my guess the nursing home has been treating her like many places treat the very elderly, and her inner fire hadn't dimmed enough to take it any more. My money's on one too many luke warm cup of tea, or gum-chewing barely-there care assistant.