Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Your Forum~my Forum~our Forum...??

Your Forum~my Forum~our Forum...??

Old Mar 24th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your Forum~my Forum~our Forum...??

[F]I am New..ish,
I was just wondering how you feel about your forum,
Despite it coming under the heading of British expats there are an awful lot of wannabee's ( moi included) hungry for advice and info, I have noticed the turnover in threads and do get a bit lost at times, has this always happened ? are the founder members pleased with the success of the 4um ?
should there be a separate Britishexpatsinwaiting forum? is the forum in danger of overload with the plethora of information...just thought I would ask your opinion..!..
[/FONT]
Old Mar 24th 2007, 7:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your Forum~my Forum~our Forum...??

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
[F]I am New..ish,
Despite it coming under the heading of British expats there are an awful lot of wannabee's ( moi included) hungry for advice and info, I have noticed the turnover in threads and do get a bit lost at times, has this always happened ? are the founder members pleased with the success of the 4um ?
should there be a separate Britishexpatsinwaiting forum? is the forum in danger of overload with the plethora of information...just thought I would ask your opinion..!..
[/FONT]
The whole idea of the forum imho is for the ones who have done it to share info with the ones that are trying to do it. You can never have too much information, you just have to "edit" what threads you are involved in. I'm on 4 forums, and each is different in its own way. This forum has got a whole lot busier in the last month, and its tough keeping up sometimes, but I can assure you that its a whole lot better than some places where you put a post up and you're lucky to get a reply at all
Old Mar 24th 2007, 7:37 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

[F]I am New..ish,
[/FONT]
I suppose I'm what you would call a wannabe, but I am also a gonnabe because I shouldabe in Spain but the powersthatbe have leftmebe. But I am soontobe in Spain
Old Mar 24th 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Lionda...
So many beee's, you sound like a hive.....to be or not to be..that is the question....I am positive you will beeeeeeee.....
[/COLOR]
Old Mar 24th 2007, 7:49 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Lionda...
So many beee's, you sound like a hive.....to be or not to be..that is the question....I am positive you will beeeeeeee.....
[/COLOR]

Hee hee

Sorry, just in a happy mood today.
Getting back to your topic.....I think this forum board is a great place to hang out with friends. Just think - we all live so far apart and most likely would never have met but for this forum board. Most of the folk on here are great, helpful, funny, sympathetic and ready to give advice. I have learned a lot from my friends on here, much more than from all the books and tv programmes I have read/seen.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 8:08 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
I suppose I'm what you would call a wannabe, but I am also a gonnabe because I shouldabe in Spain but the powersthatbe have leftmebe. But I am soontobe in Spain
Love that post Lionda!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 8:15 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by MnM
Love that post Lionda!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:43 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

[F]I am New..ish,
[/FONT]
I have to say, of all the sites that I have "seen" BE has the best turn over of threads out there.

Some forums have posts on the site from a couple of years ago, well to be honest what is the benefit in that? Bugger all.

The speed at which the threads go is one of the bonuses of BE, it not only speaks volumes as to the amount of people on here but also as to the amount of people willing to help.

As to the "wannabees" status, well sorry but not everyone has a clear cut idea as to where or whet they want, so the advice people give helps the decision process.

My opinion is all!