Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

your best advice please.....

your best advice please.....

Old Apr 25th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default your best advice please.....

Thanks to dematt I now have an independent solicitor lined up incase we see anything of interest to us when we land in soggy spain on friday.. Now i want advice on mortgages.. ( don't I always want summat ) We have a deposit but will need a mortgage for remainder.. Now do we have a spanish mortgage or a bank in england that does spanish mortgages? Do we have the bank the estate agent will offer us or do we use our solicitor who also is offering mortgage services? HELP
thanks...
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default Re: your best advice please.....

Originally Posted by jeanc
Thanks to dematt I now have an independent solicitor lined up incase we see anything of interest to us when we land in soggy spain on friday.. Now i want advice on mortgages.. ( don't I always want summat ) We have a deposit but will need a mortgage for remainder.. Now do we have a spanish mortgage or a bank in england that does spanish mortgages? Do we have the bank the estate agent will offer us or do we use our solicitor who also is offering mortgage services? HELP
thanks...
sorry i put dematt instead of damatt.. . not that it matters cos don't think anyones talking to me
Old Apr 25th 2007, 5:27 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

thanks...
Hi jean

Don't really know if this will help, since putting the house on the market and talking to estate agents it has become clear to me that finding buyers a bank that will give them a mortgage is included in the fee they charge the buyer. Many estate agents here charge the seller and the buyer equal commission, the seller for selling their property and the buyer for arranging mortgage and after care. There, most probably not been of any help but at least you won't feel alone now.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Hi

This might help try these Int Mort Solutions, if you pm me I will send you the details, they have helped quuite a lot of people in the past with their contacts down the Costas
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hi jean

Don't really know if this will help, since putting the house on the market and talking to estate agents it has become clear to me that finding buyers a bank that will give them a mortgage is included in the fee they charge the buyer. Many estate agents here charge the seller and the buyer equal commission, the seller for selling their property and the buyer for arranging mortgage and after care. There, most probably not been of any help but at least you won't feel alone now.
Thanks for your information. wonder what they'd do if you were a cash buyer and didn't want their services
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:06 pm

Thanks for your information. wonder what they'd do if you were a cash buyer and didn't want their services
That's a good point, one of the agents we are with does not charge the seller any commission at all, but there is a 6,000 euros fee to the buyer for services rendered.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good point, one of the agents we are with does not charge the seller any commission at all, but there is a 6,000 euros fee to the buyer for services rendered.
I know a guy with a villa for sale and the agent has 37,000 on top of it.
He only needs to sell a couple a year at that rate.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
That is daylight robbery.:curse: Is his name Dick Turpin by any chance
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
That's what a lot on this coast do, they add up to 10% on top of the price you have said and it gets advertise at that price, no wonder the house's here take so long to sell.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its not as straight forward as buying in the Uk. I realy don't want to insult some poor Brit that just wants to sell their property, but don't want to pay thousands of euros over the odds to line someone elses pocket.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's what a lot on this coast do, they add up to 10% on top of the price you have said and it gets advertise at that price, no wonder the house's here take so long to sell.
I shall ask the estate agent, if I see anything I fancy, Who will be paying their fee, will it be the seller, us or indeed BOTH cos don't want a nasty estate agents bill on top of every thing else!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:27 pm

Its not as straight forward as buying in the Uk. I realy don't want to insult some poor Brit that just wants to sell their property, but don't want to pay thousands of euros over the odds to line someone elses pocket.
We have told the agents we have that the price we have told them is the final price and we pay our % from that, if they choose to charge the buyer a % then they must tell the buyer that when they come to talk details. Not to sure what will happen with the one that is charging the buyer, but we have a figure in our head that we would like to achieve and to be honest with you if we get that amount then we will most probably think about offering to pay the buyers 6,000 if they do want to use the after service.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

damatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of light

thanks...
I will find the details of the mortgage people we used, english speaking girl with Company based in Alicante, I did it all over the internet and they arranged the Bank account for me with the mortgage provider. I got a Euro mortgage with interest only for 5 years then the balance over 25 years, they offered the best deal.

Will contact you tomorrow morning.

Dave
Damatt
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

damatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of lightdamatt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by damatt
I will find the details of the mortgage people we used, english speaking girl with Company based in Alicante, I did it all over the internet and they arranged the Bank account for me with the mortgage provider. I got a Euro mortgage with interest only for 5 years then the balance over 25 years, they offered the best deal.

Will contact you tomorrow morning.

Dave
Damatt
One piece of advise I would always give, keep all parties seperate, dont link any together, so dont use anything the estate agent gives you, same with solicitor, most get commission on your sale etc.

Dave
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

We have told the agents we have that the price we have told them is the final price and we pay our % from that, if they choose to charge the buyer a % then they must tell the buyer that when they come to talk details. Not to sure what will happen with the one that is charging the buyer, but we have a figure in our head that we would like to achieve and to be honest with you if we get that amount then we will most probably think about offering to pay the buyers 6,000 if they do want to use the after service.
You are being very fair. As I say I don't want to insult anyone but if what everyone is saying is true,houses in spain are being over priced, only an idiot would offer the asking price. I have been looking at property for over 9 months and the same properties are still on the web pages as what were on it last June!!

Last edited by jeanc; Apr 25th 2007 at 9:49 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.