Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Are you happy ?

Are you happy ?

Old Nov 6th 2011, 4:30 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you happy ?

Originally Posted by tex_ritter
Never drop below an 8. I'm a happy chap and always look on the bright side of things. I've worked hard, planned well, retired early and am enjoying a comfortable life

I've had highs and lows (came close to death in 09) but one thing I've learned in life is that a 'low' is always the start of a 'high' path so don't worry during the bad times and embrace the good ones.

My plan for next year is to get my pilots licence
Go for it, Being a pilot myself I can say for sure, "what a feeling of achievment you will get".
Old Nov 6th 2011, 4:55 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tex_ritter
Sort of agree, so, tailor what you can do with your abilities. I was heavily involved in marshal arts but physical problems means thats off the agenda, I can't go four season hill walking anymore but it doesn't stop me camping all year round (in the snow last year -12c, got a wood burner in my tent)...bloody marvellous . I travel a lot, a few days or weeks here and there, flights are cheap as chips and if I'm on my own I don't demand 4* just simple clean accommodation; if the family are with me we live high off the hog.

I've about a 20% chance of my health problems reoccurring and if it does I'll deal with it as best I can but until then this life is MINE.

Don't let the buggers grind you down Bill, fluck it or them mate and look after number one.
Thanks Tex. I am of course now completely convinced that you are mental, and beyond help. To me at my age (pushing 60) my idea of roughing it involves 3 stars.

I do agree tho that you should take life by the scruff of the neck and shake as much out of it as you can, and the hell with what others may think.

I look forward to hearing you have got your licence.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 5:03 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Are you happy in your daily life ?

Where would you place it on scale of 1 to 10

1 being dire
10 being the bees knees
Hi, I see you havent given us your rating yet
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
It is a fact of life, that as we age, so we get weaker, more prone to illness and so on. Life is sort of like a trip in an aging boat, where there is no real end, except when the boat founders with all hands. The trick is not to worry about tomorrow, but to wring the most joy out of today that you can. So, point the prow into the waves, authorise a tot of rum to all hands, and celebrate today.
My favourite quotation:-
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow - what a ride"!!!"
Generally women in my family don't reach a great age, But they have all been creative and passionate and, as Bil says 'wrung the most joy' out of every one of their days as they could. Can't say I wouldn't like a bit longer life than they had. But at least I'm having as much fun. Today 8 :-)
Edit

Last edited by angiescarr; Nov 7th 2011 at 7:10 am. Reason: change of tense
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:13 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
My favourite quotation:-
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow - what a ride"!!!"
Generally women in my family don't reach a great age, But they have all been creative and passionate and, as Bil says 'wrung the most joy' out of every one of their days as they could. Can't say I wouldn't like a bit longer life than they had. But at least I'm having as much fun. Today 8 :-)
Edit
Today is what matters. Tomorrow isn't real and yesterday another country.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
Hi, I see you havent given us your rating yet
Today an 8 I am happy with most aspects of my life.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:12 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Today an 8 I am happy with most aspects of my life.
very glad to hear that,

I am running at about 4.5 as I am packing the house for the big move to Granada area.
went up to 6 when I got a call from the BH to prove the wireless telephone and internet worked at the new house. So one up to Cablesur but a definite loss for Telefonica who decided they couldnt put a wire across from the plot next but on.
but still lots to do........
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:31 pm
bil
Banned

Well, it was pretty high this morning, perfect day, not too hot, not a cloud in the sky, and then I thought 'I'll rake that bit out level, a 5 minute job.'

That was before the rake handle broke, so instead of fixing it I improved it a bit which involved some welding with the inevitable burns, a cut from forgetting where the edge of the cutting disc was, and so on. Still, onc ethe paint dries, the rake will be better than it was before, so that makes me happy.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:46 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Had my hair restyled and a manicure, bought 3 books so maybe a 9+ for a while
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Minus 5 at the moment

We sold our house just over 3 months ago and have been walking round with cash to buy another one.

Been GAZUMPED once

Dodgey documentation once

Put a holding deposit down last wednesday and she changed her mind on thursday

Agreed a price on friday and placed the holding deposit this morning
MINUS 15

My lawyer just rang, quote

The man who is selling you his property does not own it.

He may believe he does but the paperwork proves otherwise.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:30 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

MINUS 15

Now where have I heard that before ?
Actually been there on more than one occasion and got the t-shirt, though fortunately I hadn't parted with the deposits.
It always seemed that the harder and longer I tried, the less luck I had.

Yet easily my two best property buys in Spain, I stumbled on almost by chance.
Followed my gut feeling, did what checks I could and slapped a deposit down straight away, once on the very next day to first viewing, and completed a month or so later.

Hope your luck changes soon Fred.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Nov 10th 2011 at 2:32 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

MINUS 15

If youve not paid anything you should be happy your lawyer is doing his job , very rare as we all know
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Go for it, Being a pilot myself I can say for sure, "what a feeling of achievment you will get".
Ditto
Old Nov 10th 2011, 4:33 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least one Spanish guy seems to have found happiness.
There's a big gable end wall near a supermarket I go to with all the usual aerosol scribblings in large letters,...

Extranjeros fuera,
Capitalistas No,
Trabajo para Espanol solo,
Moros fuera,
No Trabajo, no Dinero
and finally....

Muerto Contento.

Though I'm not quite sure how many out of ten he gave it, or how he even managed to report it.
Hand of God, maybe.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:17 pm
bil
Banned

MINUS 15

I'd be minus 15 until I thought how I would have felt if I found that out AFTER putting the money down, and then I think I'd be in the positive side pdq

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.