Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Yoigo roaming problems

Yoigo roaming problems

Old Nov 25th 2009, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yoigo roaming problems

I also gave up with them and switched. It's a pity and I'm sure they didn't enter into their UK roaming agreement knowing that it was deficient and for all I know it might have improved since the summer.

But if being with Yoigo means that in the UK I can't be contacted by people who have my spanish number, then it's no good to me.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

Anyone know if Masmovil is ok in uk for roaming, their call prices are similar to yoigo?
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

Regarding YOIGO

I wanted to change from Movistar to Yoigo and the girl in the shop a while back said there maybe problems sending messages to a uk mobile as sometimes they do recieve them,sometimes they dont, sometimes they recieve them a week later. This sort of put me off changing my spanish number from movistar to them as I do get frequent texts from my parents in england and vice versa.

Can anyone clarify that this is a problem with yoigo and why.??
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainboy
Regarding YOIGO

Can anyone clarify that this is a problem with yoigo and why.??
I personally didn't have that problem. I was with Yoigo for 6 or 7 months and it worked perfectly while I was in spain. As far as I know, at least, I didn't miss any texts from the UK and all my texts arrived.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Slugger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rachelk
Does anyone know what network Yoigo uses in UK?

My phone will only connect to Vodafone but only for emergencies and it won-'t recieve calls or messages either.

I called Yoigo and they said they use a network, itseems to have a three in it but I hadn-t heard of it.

They said they can put in request for service, but they need a phone number, and of course, my phone isn-t working......

First thing I do on getting back to spain wll be change to anotehr network.
They use 3UK, I was there last week
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by rachelk
I personally didn't have that problem. I was with Yoigo for 6 or 7 months and it worked perfectly while I was in spain. As far as I know, at least, I didn't miss any texts from the UK and all my texts arrived.
As I believe was mentioned earlier; it depends on the network that the sender is on.

As an aside, I tested O2 (in the UK) to SIMYO (Spain) and that worked fine. I'm considering switching from Yoigo to Simyo.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Slugger
They use 3UK, I was there last week
Was it 2G or 3G coverage you were getting?
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Crackersjv is an unknown quantity at this point

As of 26 Feb 2010, no sms contact between Yoigo Spain and Tesco UK, either way. Pretty unimpressive service!