Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

: Worst Bank Manager ever ? unless ?

: Worst Bank Manager ever ? unless ?

Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:01 am
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default : Worst Bank Manager ever ? unless ?

Today i had a very interesting day as seems to be the norm lately !!

Well i had to transfer money over to Spain for deposit on the Villa, so i figure while i am there and in the light of still not getting a definate yes to my top up mortgage proposal on the Villa , i figure while i am in i shall speak with my manager see if they can do anything loan wise , that may be simpler and easier than all the hassle of getting the Spanish mortgage..

So in i trundle pop over to the Cashier " Hi james how are you i say ? Ok he says and you ? Well so so i tell him " pay the cheque i had in and mosey on over to the little lady standing at the enquiries desk.

"Morning" i say to which she replies "Morning" , " I need to transfer some money over to Mallorca in Euros , Can you get the Money moving man over please ? , and then can i speak with my Manger whooever it is as i havent got a clue !!" She says well have a seat and i shall find out " "Thanks i say " And down i sit ..

A few minutes later this young lad comes over and says " Morning Sir i understand you need Euros sending from your account ?" " yes i do " i reply..
We then go over to the desk and proceed with entering the info on his PC ..

As we are going through the details of the transfer this oldish woman comes over and says " Hello Mr ****** i am Jennie your Account Manager , what can i do for you ? " Hello jennie i say ,pleased to meet you " and then we shake hands i say " Well this is the problem i have just decided to buy a house in Mallorca and using my funds and in the absence of selling mine i find i am slightly short on the Cost of it . So i wondered as i have banked with you for some 15 years or so and wondered if you have any special cheap loans for something like this ?" She says " No we dont do Spain , and we dont do loans unless its a mortgage on a Uk property !" so i say " Well hows about you give me a loan and just stick a charge on my property ?" "No we dont do that " She says .. So i say "well You are one of the managers and you are in the lending Money business , so pray please tell me what you can do for me ?"

She then says "Well we could do you a New Mortgage on the UK house , but this would have to be the only mortgage on it as we dont do charges on properties !" I then say " Well i think you are wrong there as every bank does , how do you think businesses operate " She says well we dont !" i then said " I tell you what Mrs ! lets be honest here shall we , You have not given one ounce of advice or help so do me a favour and just shuttle off to your office will you . Let me finish the paperwork with Mark and then i can be on my way as you havent got a clue " She has a funny look come on her face and says " Yes i have " I say " Well beings as i have had charges for overdrafts and stuff at this very branch on the business i know your talking crap ! Now do us both a favour and toodle back to the office ." She then pulls a even more stressed face and says " I offered you a mortgage , i cant do nothing more than that !" i say " Lets run your only help through slightly should we ? I need a pittance ammount in the scale of operations , and your advice is . cancel my exisiting mortgage with the Woolwich who have been nothing except superb to me over the last 15 years !!! Pay a settlement fee maybe , pay solicitors fees to do so !! then go through the hassle of a new application with HSBC which correct me if i am wrong ? Will no doubt cost me fees and set up charge ? am i correct ? " She says " Well we would charge of course " at this point being honest she has wound me up and shown herself up at the same time !!
So at this point knowing i already have checked out the website of HSBC and i see they use SOLBANK for ALL Spanish mortgages !! " I say so why cant you maybe pass it through to SolBank they are your Spanish agents and give me a glowing referance ?" she says " We dont use SolBank !!!"

Well as you can imagine now i am really just about ready to flip ! And have to think to myself calm it Pete , so i then calmly say " Look now i have really had enough of this , please please just go away you havent got a clue , i would have had more useful advice using the post office ! , indeed being truthful i reckon thats where you should be working as god knows how you ever got to be a manager !! Now please please just let me get on with this transfer !! "

She then dissapears at long last , i carry on with the transfer guy who initially qoutes me 1.46 exchange i tell him get out of it its 1.48 online , he then phones someone and we meet at 1.47 .. so payment duly paid and afterwards Mark the transfer guy says , i can put you in touch with SolBank as you are right they are our official Spanish mortgage company , and we get special rates . i said thanks but its all in hand i just wondered if the bank had any other ideas which obviously they dont ..

And that was my eventful morning bank trip

So is she the worst Bank manger ever ? Or do you know worse ..

Mind you i wouldnt be suprised if i get some follow on reactions after my encounter . But then as i dont have a single loan with them who gives a stuff right
Old Jun 30th 2007, 9:44 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: : Worst Bank Manager ever ? unless ?

Probably a bit late now, but you ought to use the money exchange brokers to transfer your money across, not a bank. If it is a large sum that you have sent, you literally save yourself thousands of €€€ by using the broker.

Bear that in mind for the next transfer anyway.

Actually, it doesn´t have to be too late. Call the bank and cancel the transfer. Don´t let them fob you off with "it´s too late to cancel, the money is en route". They can cancel at the very last minute before the money arrives.....they won´t admit to it though. Don´t let them charge you for cancelling either..........although even if they do you should end up quids in.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:08 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

HSBC are crap anyway, we had no end of trouble trying to sort out a bank account in India, according to them, they know all there is to know about customs and local holidays etc, so we trundled off to a meeting at the branch in Chennai, which they said had been arranged, only to find it was shut due to a holiday. so we went the next day, and found they had set nothing up at all, the manager had never heard of us, he managed to sort it all out but the U.K were useless.
Then in Mexico we went to the branch in Taxco where we were buying all the stock for my silver business, to cash in travelers checks only to be told we couldn't cash in the amount we needed,they'd only cash a very small amount, it ended up with the cashier paying them into his personal account so we could withdraw them!!!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Today i had a very interesting day as seems to be the norm lately !!

Well i had to transfer money over to Spain for deposit on the Villa, so i figure while i am there and in the light of still not getting a definate yes to my top up mortgage proposal on the Villa , i figure while i am in i shall speak with my manager see if they can do anything loan wise , that may be simpler and easier than all the hassle of getting the Spanish mortgage..

So in i trundle pop over to the Cashier " Hi james how are you i say ? Ok he says and you ? Well so so i tell him " pay the cheque i had in and mosey on over to the little lady standing at the enquiries desk.

"Morning" i say to which she replies "Morning" , " I need to transfer some money over to Mallorca in Euros , Can you get the Money moving man over please ? , and then can i speak with my Manger whooever it is as i havent got a clue !!" She says well have a seat and i shall find out " "Thanks i say " And down i sit ..

A few minutes later this young lad comes over and says " Morning Sir i understand you need Euros sending from your account ?" " yes i do " i reply..
We then go over to the desk and proceed with entering the info on his PC ..

As we are going through the details of the transfer this oldish woman comes over and says " Hello Mr ****** i am Jennie your Account Manager , what can i do for you ? " Hello jennie i say ,pleased to meet you " and then we shake hands i say " Well this is the problem i have just decided to buy a house in Mallorca and using my funds and in the absence of selling mine i find i am slightly short on the Cost of it . So i wondered as i have banked with you for some 15 years or so and wondered if you have any special cheap loans for something like this ?" She says " No we dont do Spain , and we dont do loans unless its a mortgage on a Uk property !" so i say " Well hows about you give me a loan and just stick a charge on my property ?" "No we dont do that " She says .. So i say "well You are one of the managers and you are in the lending Money business , so pray please tell me what you can do for me ?"

She then says "Well we could do you a New Mortgage on the UK house , but this would have to be the only mortgage on it as we dont do charges on properties !" I then say " Well i think you are wrong there as every bank does , how do you think businesses operate " She says well we dont !" i then said " I tell you what Mrs ! lets be honest here shall we , You have not given one ounce of advice or help so do me a favour and just shuttle off to your office will you . Let me finish the paperwork with Mark and then i can be on my way as you havent got a clue " She has a funny look come on her face and says " Yes i have " I say " Well beings as i have had charges for overdrafts and stuff at this very branch on the business i know your talking crap ! Now do us both a favour and toodle back to the office ." She then pulls a even more stressed face and says " I offered you a mortgage , i cant do nothing more than that !" i say " Lets run your only help through slightly should we ? I need a pittance ammount in the scale of operations , and your advice is . cancel my exisiting mortgage with the Woolwich who have been nothing except superb to me over the last 15 years !!! Pay a settlement fee maybe , pay solicitors fees to do so !! then go through the hassle of a new application with HSBC which correct me if i am wrong ? Will no doubt cost me fees and set up charge ? am i correct ? " She says " Well we would charge of course " at this point being honest she has wound me up and shown herself up at the same time !!
So at this point knowing i already have checked out the website of HSBC and i see they use SOLBANK for ALL Spanish mortgages !! " I say so why cant you maybe pass it through to SolBank they are your Spanish agents and give me a glowing referance ?" she says " We dont use SolBank !!!"

Well as you can imagine now i am really just about ready to flip ! And have to think to myself calm it Pete , so i then calmly say " Look now i have really had enough of this , please please just go away you havent got a clue , i would have had more useful advice using the post office ! , indeed being truthful i reckon thats where you should be working as god knows how you ever got to be a manager !! Now please please just let me get on with this transfer !! "

She then dissapears at long last , i carry on with the transfer guy who initially qoutes me 1.46 exchange i tell him get out of it its 1.48 online , he then phones someone and we meet at 1.47 .. so payment duly paid and afterwards Mark the transfer guy says , i can put you in touch with SolBank as you are right they are our official Spanish mortgage company , and we get special rates . i said thanks but its all in hand i just wondered if the bank had any other ideas which obviously they dont ..

And that was my eventful morning bank trip

So is she the worst Bank manger ever ? Or do you know worse ..

Mind you i wouldnt be suprised if i get some follow on reactions after my encounter . But then as i dont have a single loan with them who gives a stuff right

My Bank managaer who i have banked with for years and years would not give me a business bank account no credit no cards no overdraft all i wanted was a bank account with my company name on to place cheques in to. and they gave me nothing.

All banks are robbing bast&$ds.

There thats of my chest now and i use HALIFAX and they are crap im glad im taking my 6 years worth of charges of them lol lol

Last edited by Miss Naughty; Jun 30th 2007 at 11:34 am. Reason: spelling again
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

Well BigPete,
Sounds like you got a pretty crap account manager but most account managers are crap. They know bugger all! I have a friend who works for HSBC, although he has been there for years and is an account manager he is a long way from Manager. Next time tell them you want to see the Organ Grinder not the monkey.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:52 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I know of an account manager who was seeing a mate of mine, and he was the biggest gambling addict you ever met!

Worse still was the fact that he was a corporate account manager!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:42 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Probably a bit late now, but you ought to use the money exchange brokers to transfer your money across, not a bank. If it is a large sum that you have sent, you literally save yourself thousands of €€€ by using the broker.

Bear that in mind for the next transfer anyway.

Actually, it doesn´t have to be too late. Call the bank and cancel the transfer. Don´t let them fob you off with "it´s too late to cancel, the money is en route". They can cancel at the very last minute before the money arrives.....they won´t admit to it though. Don´t let them charge you for cancelling either..........although even if they do you should end up quids in.
Well if i had time keith i would of done but the deposit as per the agreement had to be over straight away .
I will when it comes to the larger ammounts shop around for sure , so make sure your online in say hmmmmmm 6 weeks time please

As you peeed in me pool and did a woopsy on the front you owe me another favour
So will be seeking advice ..
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:44 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Well if i had time keith i would of done but the deposit as per the agreement had to be over straight away .
I will when it comes to the larger ammounts shop around for sure , so make sure your online in say hmmmmmm 6 weeks time please

As you peeed in me pool and did a woopsy on the front you owe me another favour
So will be seeking advice ..
I didn´t realise it was the initial reservation deposit that you were talking about....I though it was a larger sum of money.

In that case you shouldn´t have lost out too much.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:53 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

we used curency converters good deal and no charges
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by gallerie9
we used curency converters good deal and no charges
They online or how do they operate ?
is it safe ?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

bizzbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we use www.currenciesdirect.com and always had a good service take alook at their web site
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:54 pm
Banned

Thanks for that will investigate
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:34 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes very and easy no problems we opened a spanish account in the uk and did it using currency direct did it instantly and a higher rate than the norm you can negotiate.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

rayemandpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

I like this thread - bad mouthing Bankers is nearly as good as bad mouthing our Political Masters. Here's a revelation - I believe Estate Agents are more honest and straight forward than Bankers - and goes without saying that any Estate Agent is more straight-forward than any Politician. Had dealings with Corporate Bankers years ago - always counted your fingers after you shook hands with any of them. Different devious league entirely from your Domestic retail Bankers.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

The Bank Manager I had when I first came back from Oz was good and I didn't have any problems with him......I don't even know who mine is now he's left

What pisses me off now, is I'm buying a house in UK, no mortgage, and I've been with my solicitors for years. Now I have to take in my passport, bills and god know what and with my accountant who is married to my cousin and has known me for years....just to prove who I am and I'm buying it off someone I've known for years....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.