Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Working in Spain

Working in Spain

Old Dec 7th 2008, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all
Default Re: Working in Spain

Yes - both working. Still enjoying it and definitely better off here than we would have been in the UK in present financial climate.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

I am working full time well 10 until 4 Monday to Friday - hubby has no work since we have been here. Hanging on by a thread - don't know how much longer we can last - hopefully another year at least
Old Dec 7th 2008, 1:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thats extremely nice to hear Sunnydee
Old Dec 7th 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarleon
I think it is quite hard for working-age immigrants to avoid the 'black economy' in Spain... For many people I know it helps to make ends meet...
agree with you there
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:32 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Diddy Di
Are you currently working at the same job as in the uk?

No was only doing it part time in the UK (Learning).
Spent first year here on contract in a shop (Totally unrelated work), got NIE etc...
Then went full time self employed.

Oh & yes it is professional, not really seasonal either.

Last edited by Grebo; Dec 8th 2008 at 2:37 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Diddy Di will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Grebo
Spent first year here on contract in a shop (Totally unrelated work), got NIE etc...

Oh come on tell us what you do??
Old Dec 9th 2008, 6:54 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grebo

Using the process of illimination, I can say you are NOT one of Santa`s Little Helpers.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 8:29 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Diddy Di
Oh come on tell us what you do??
Well if you looked at my profile you would know
Old Dec 10th 2008, 8:07 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

My daughters fiance works as a singer and dj and is really good. However with the end of the season most bars close and work is thin on the ground. He was on contract but the bar he was working in has closed for the winter. Not normally a problem as he gets singing jobs here and there and with saving through the lucrative months he gets by. Yesterday he went for a trial as a dj in a bar and at the end of the three hours he was told NO MONEY as it was only an audition No way would anyone audition for 3 hours But they wouldn't have it, just stood there and shook their heads saying they had other djs to audition. It's a scam, they are getting youngsters to work on the pretext it will lead to a regular job and telling them they will be paid then telling them it was only an 'audition' I would love to name and shame ...... can I PLEASE jdr/Mitzy
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: Working in Spain

That is awful they should not get away with that, something ought to be done to expose this scam .
What a Crook!!!!!!!!!
Maybe as work get tighter, more of this thing will happen as people will be more desperate to keep their businesses afloat at the expense of others.
I just want to blink and this recession disappear (I wish)
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
That is awful they should not get away with that, something ought to be done to expose this scam .
What a Crook!!!!!!!!!
Maybe as work get tighter, more of this thing will happen as people will be more desperate to keep their businesses afloat at the expense of others.
I just want to blink and this recession disappear (I wish)
It is awful, definitely taking advantage, but don't assume it's a ploy unknown to bigger & better businesses. My OH's company had to 'pitch' designs to seriously big supermarket chains & numerous times they were told the work - often days worth of work to produce designs to choose from - had to be free. And of course there'd be three or four agencies pitching, so the company would have thousands of pounds worth of designs for nothing & maybe end up giving the work to someone else.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Yes im the same really semi retired.
I do design packages for teaching & learning
Some companies ask for examples and you must be careful not to give them to much, but just enough to wet their appetite.
It is possible you wont get paid for the work you have done.They will probably use your work and ideas.
Got to be so very careful not to sell yourself short
Old Dec 10th 2008, 12:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
My daughters fiance works as a singer and dj and is really good. However with the end of the season most bars close and work is thin on the ground. He was on contract but the bar he was working in has closed for the winter. Not normally a problem as he gets singing jobs here and there and with saving through the lucrative months he gets by. Yesterday he went for a trial as a dj in a bar and at the end of the three hours he was told NO MONEY as it was only an audition No way would anyone audition for 3 hours But they wouldn't have it, just stood there and shook their heads saying they had other djs to audition. It's a scam, they are getting youngsters to work on the pretext it will lead to a regular job and telling them they will be paid then telling them it was only an 'audition' I would love to name and shame ...... can I PLEASE jdr/Mitzy
That is how a lot of them get waiters etc, a nights trial then no thank you.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 12:46 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

It really is terrible isn't it I couldn't live with myself if I did something like that. How do these people sleep at night?........and no-one say Horlicks
Old Dec 10th 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
I would love to name and shame ...... can I PLEASE jdr/Mitzy

Whats the official position please mods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.