work in spain

Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

vin60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work in spain

Hi ,

We're thinking about selling up and moving to Spain and was wondering are

there any work opportunities for welders?

many thanks

regards

vin & kaye
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work in spain

Originally Posted by vin60
Hi ,

We're thinking about selling up and moving to Spain and was wondering are

there any work opportunities for welders?

many thanks

regards

vin & kaye
have a search through prev threads on here, lots of discussion about work in Spain at the mo and in short, prob not the best time to go looking for work
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:10 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

There is global unemployment and Spain hasn´t avoided that. Unemployment here is running high . There aren´t enough jobs for the Spanish and, if there are any jobs, they will probably be given to locals or, at least, those who speak Spanish fluently. Check out a few threads on this site and you might gain an insight into the situation.

My neighbour is a welder and he has 2 jobs, just to make ends meet. He´s Spanish and he works all the hours that he can.

If you are determined to leave the Uk and don´t have a private pension or are retired, then you must bring with you enough money to sustain you for at least a year when, hopefully, you can sort something out. It´s not easy for most of us at the moment.

In saying that, good luck if you decide to take the plunge.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:15 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The government are now saying that unemployment in Spain will remain above 4 million until 2012.

Not a good time to look for work in Spain I guess!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jjh
There is global unemployment and Spain hasn´t avoided that. Unemployment here is running high . There aren´t enough jobs for the Spanish and, if there are any jobs, they will probably be given to locals or, at least, those who speak Spanish fluently. Check out a few threads on this site and you might gain an insight into the situation.

My neighbour is a welder and he has 2 jobs, just to make ends meet. He´s Spanish and he works all the hours that he can.

If you are determined to leave the Uk and don´t have a private pension or are retired, then you must bring with you enough money to sustain you for at least a year when, hopefully, you can sort something out. It´s not easy for most of us at the moment.

In saying that, good luck if you decide to take the plunge.
Hi Spain & jjh,

Thanks for the quick replies will hold back for now but might buy a small place and see how the near future goes

regards

vin & kaye
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vin60
might buy a small place and see how the near future goes
buyers market so you should be able to get a bargain - good luck
Old Jun 16th 2009, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Spanishstokey is an unknown quantity at this point

Vin.....Where were you thinking of moving to?

Regards
Old Jun 16th 2009, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spanishstokey
Vin.....Where were you thinking of moving to?

Regards
Hi Spanish stokey,

we're thinking of san miguel area but we haven't looked around much

regards

vin& kaye
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Vin, please excsue my ignorance, but where is San Miguel exactly?

Regards
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:29 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spanishstokey
Vin, please excsue my ignorance, but where is San Miguel exactly?

Regards
the only one I know comes in a bottle!!

but google maps gave me this

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=san+mi...title&resnum=1
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

That seems a bit remote!!!! The 'PLACE' San Miguel that I know is the brewery next to Malaga Airport.......more of a Cruzcampo person myself!!!

Regards
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:52 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

There are loads of places in Spain with San Miguel in there name.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:45 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livit
There are loads of places in Spain with San Miguel in there name.
oh yes - I know that

but that was what came up with San Miguel as an entire name
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:54 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnxa
oh yes - I know that

but that was what came up with San Miguel as an entire name
Alot of the time the entire names arn`t written or spoken.

If it had been on the Island I would assume the OP had stated "Work on the Spanish Islands or Tenerife" as there far different from the main land, although i guess the OP may not be aware of this.

We need clarification for sure.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:56 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Warm welcome as ever on the Spain forum eh?

Hi Vin.... if you are talking about San Miguel de Salinas then ask away, lived close to there for quite some time, if you mean somewhere else then I probably wont be able to help but welcome all the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.