Reload this Page >

Work in Gibraltar

Work in Gibraltar

Old Jan 8th 2016, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

JackRCH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work in Gibraltar

Hi all,

I am currently studying in the UK looking at Industrial work placements for a year out in Gibraltar to gain international work experience.
I am just wondering those of you who do work in Gibraltar how do you find it?
Also, do you live in Gibraltar or cross the border daily for work?

If this is in the wrong forum could someone let me know, I couldn't find a forum named Gibraltar and although it isn't pet of Spain it is just below and I know some people cross the border daily for work.

Many thanks,

JackRCH

Last edited by JackRCH; Jan 8th 2016 at 4:33 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work in Gibraltar

Hi Jack

I am the only regular contributor to this forum who lives in Gibraltar

Also I am retired but I did work here for 30+ years.

What type of industry are you looking for?

Fred
Old Jan 8th 2016, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fredbargate

What type of industry are you looking for?

Fred

Hi Fred

Thank you for your response

I am currently looking within the financial industry, my degree is in management so I am open to other areas but my specialty lies within finance.

May I ask what took you to Gibraltar originally?

I was going to inbox you but I have to post this message before the site allows me to inbox people.

If you'd prefer to continue this conversation within inbox rather than on a thread please don't hesitate.

Jack

Last edited by JackRCH; Jan 8th 2016 at 6:22 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer to discuss most things in the open forum so that others may learn or contribute.

The financial industry is very large in Gibraltar which has the ability to passport into Europe, particularly insurance

Gibraltar Finance - EU Passporting of Financial Services

Plus the very large gaming sector.

I always advice families to live for at least the first 6 months in Gib whilst they explore other opportunities, but as I presume you are single this does not apply. But the costs must be considered alongside the extra travelling expenses and time to reach an area of Spain suitable for your recreational aspirations.

Why did I move to Gibraltar ?

Well I fled the UK when it was obvious there was going to be a female Prime Minister and ended up in Gib by default and have never looked back.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
The financial industry is very large in Gibraltar which has the ability to passport into Europe, particularly insurance
As I will only be in Gibraltar for a year as part of my university degree, I'm currently trying to find companies which offer some form of Industry Placement (12 month) scheme. I know PWC and KPMG offer such schemes which I have applied for but it is finding others that do.

It would be me and my fiancé moving out for the year. We travel often and were considering whilst living in Gibraltar might be a little more expensive it is worth it. Fortunately as its only a year any costs incurred should hopefully be manageable.

May I also asked what you worked as whilst in Gibraltar?

Last edited by JackRCH; Jan 8th 2016 at 7:22 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 8:16 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackRCH
Hi all,

I am currently studying in the UK looking at Industrial work placements for a year out in Gibraltar to gain international work experience.
I am just wondering those of you who do work in Gibraltar how do you find it?
Also, do you live in Gibraltar or cross the border daily for work?

If this is in the wrong forum could someone let me know, I couldn't find a forum named Gibraltar and although it isn't pet of Spain it is just below and I know some people cross the border daily for work.

Many thanks,

JackRCH
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 9th 2016, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JackRCH
As I will only be in Gibraltar for a year as part of my university degree, I'm currently trying to find companies which offer some form of Industry Placement (12 month) scheme. I know PWC and KPMG offer such schemes which I have applied for but it is finding others that do.

It would be me and my fiancé moving out for the year. We travel often and were considering whilst living in Gibraltar might be a little more expensive it is worth it. Fortunately as its only a year any costs incurred should hopefully be manageable.

May I also asked what you worked as whilst in Gibraltar?
The following is a link to all the financial companies registered in Gib, however I have no idea which offer placements

GFSC - Search by Type

For rentals this is the best site:- http://propertygibraltar.com/

I was self employed in the Marine Industry.