Work Advise

Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

paulntania is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Advise

Hi

Could anybody advise please, i will be moving to Pinoso / Alicante area very soon and wondering on what opportunities their are for an English builder ?

Also, i have a 7.5tn lorry that i will be bringing and considered something in the transport sector, ie: moving goods / houses between Spain / UK.

any advise on work in general would be appreciated

Thanks

Last edited by paulntania; Feb 10th 2011 at 4:49 pm. Reason: more info
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

DaveyD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work Advise

Originally Posted by paulntania
Hi

Could anybody advise please, i will be moving to Pinoso / Alicante area very soon and wondering on what opportunities their are for an English builder ?

Also, i have a 7.5tn lorry that i will be bringing and considered something in the transport sector, ie: moving goods / houses between Spain / UK.

any advise would be appreciated

Thanks
Bring a lot of savings with you.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Lol, as bad as that is it ?
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Not a lot of work for anyone, let alone builders.
Also your lorry if it is rhd cannot be transferred to Spanish plates, which you would need to do to be legal.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info !!
Was given the impression that there was quite a bit of work renovating properties in this area !!!
As to the lorry, i do have a left hand drive vehicle that i would use when there though not sure on the procedure to get it replated on to spanish plates.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 5:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

There was 3 or 4 years ago, but with unemployment at 30% in the Malaga region ( and that is just the ones on the radar ) you will struggle to get any work.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 5:14 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Plus, I would say, with the way that work is (especially for the ex-pats) quite a few people are advertising as 'man with a van'! and are moving bits-n-pieces back to UK.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Knew times were hard, but, wow !!!

Ok, then, any idea's ? are there any growth area's ?
Old Feb 10th 2011, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Due to the construction crash Spain currently has 1 million unemployed builders. So you can imagine how hard it is to find work if you are a builder.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 6:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

If I was young again I would go to Oz or Canada, but you will need permits etc so not as easy as Europe.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 6:07 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Due to the construction crash Spain currently has 1 million unemployed builders. So you can imagine how hard it is to find work if you are a builder.
Not to mention 10's of thousands of self employed lorry drivers with no goods to shift!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

I lived in Canada (Rockies) for a number of years, fantastic !! but, Spain is better for us now, doesnt take so long to travel home and see the grandchildren !!

Situation sounds pretty similar to here at moment, while we can get by on our income i like to keep busy !!